Chapter Seven: Friendly Reunion!

-In Memory of Liberty Prime-
2072-2277
"Communism is a temporary setback on the road to freedom"

---------------------------------------------

As the Enclave soldiers could hear the firefight, Suzy grins. She knew the Brotherhood would come to rescue her and Alex. An Enclave officer enters the room.

"Men," he said, "we have a serious situation underway. The Brotherhood of Steel has infiltrated our base, but the good news is we were able to send our missile strikes to destroy their robot."

"Told you they'll come!" said Suzy.

"Shut it!" said an Enclave soldier.

"All right enough!" said the officer. "You two, stay here and guard them. The rest of you, come with me!"

The two soldiers stay put as the others and the officer leaves the room. They stood guard, one watching over Suzy and the other over Alex.

"You guys are in so much trouble when they get here," said Alex.

"Look who's talking!" laughed the soldier. Alex glares at him with a serious face. Suzy looks at him then back up at the Enclave soldier. Will they be found by the Brotherhood? She really hopes so she could continue to battle against the Enclave, avenge Casey, and fight for the Good Fight.

-------------------------------------------

A dozen Enclave soldiers took cover, waiting for the Brotherhood to infiltrate. The officer and his squad walk over to the soldiers, patiently waiting. Total silence. Many aimed at the door. One of them slowly lowers his laser rifle. Suddenly, the door explodes, sending it flying towards the soldier. It rams into him, sending him flying back to hit the wall and be crushed.

A Brotherhood Knight with a laser minigun mows down the distracted Enclave soldiers, killing them instantly. The other Knights enter, firing their laser rifles. Casey runs into the sewer passage, seeing more enemy troops. She fired at one's face, disintegrating him, and another at one's torso, sparking his armor and killing him instantly.

Testla-Armored soldiers rushed in and fired their plasma rifles at Casey. She rolled over, dodging their shots, and fires back. One dies but the other backs up from the blast. Casey runs over to him and bashes her rifle at his head. He falls on one knee and drops his rifle. Casey shoots the back of his head, blowing it up.

She and the others run into the next generator room, killing the squad of enemy troops inside. Casey runs up the metal steps and shoots a rushing Enclave soldier, having him fall off the ledge. She continues running up the spiral steps until she reached the top, meeting "friendly" faces. The Knights catch up and they help cover her. Enclave soldiers fall dead from the laser blasts.

"Okay," said one of the Knights, "let's split up and search every room. Casey, you go with-"

"No," she said, "I'll do this alone."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

"Okay then, suit yourself. Your funeral."

Casey nods and turns her back to go into another room. She runs through the halls until upon reaching a metal door. As she opens it, two Enclave soldiers turn around to see her, thinking she's a regular Knight.

Casey fires at them, killing both of them before they could attack. She empties out the drained energy cells and replaced them with fresh, new ones. After doing so, she sees two familiar faces she has not seen for two weeks. She quietly gasped under her helmet when seeing Suzy and Alex.

The two looked up at her and quickly stood up. Suzy walks over to Casey, not knowing it's actually her.

"Thank God you guys are here!" she said. "Listen, to make things short, we were captured because we've been out killing remaining Enclave remnants...for the death of our friend..."

"And you two didn't save any for me to finish off?" asked Casey.

Suzy looks at her confused. Casey drops her laser rifle and puts her hands on her helmet, taking off and revealing her biggest smile.

"Where would you guys be without me?" she asked.

"CASEY?!?!?!" gasped Suzy.

"CASEY!!!!!!!!" exclaimed Alex. He ran towards his best friend and gives her the biggest hug he has ever given. Casey laughs and hugs him back very tightly. Suzy stood petrified with her hands covering her mouth. Alex cries his heart out.

"Awww Alex!" said Casey. "I'm okay! Shhhhh, it's okay! I'm happy to see you too!"

"I-I thought you were dead!" he cried.

"You know I can't just die when so many things need to be done," she smiled wiping off Alex's tears. He stares at her very happy as more tears of joy streams down from his eyes to his cheeks. He slowly let's go to let Suzy have a turn. Casey stands up and stares at her.

"C-Casey...." Suzy said, before bursting into tears. She gives Casey a tight hug and cries her heart out as well. Casey hugs her back tightly, not letting her go. She soon builds up tears, but tries to stay strong. Alex hugs Casey's leg very tightly.

"Th-they tortured me...we were kept here w-without any food or water...." Suzy said. "Alex....he was so scared..."

"I'll make them all pay for this..." said Casey. She looks at Suzy, slowly leaning close to her face for a kiss. Suzy puts her hand on Casey's lips.

"Not in front of Alex," she said. Casey stares at her, then nods. Suzy let's go of her and smiles once more.

"But...h-how did you survive?" she asked. "There was so much radiation!"

"An energy spike knocked me and Sarah out," said Casey. "We thought we would be dead, but I guess not."

"Oh I'm so glad you're alive!" said Suzy. She gives Casey another big and tight hug. She hugs Suzy back and smiles big. Casey let's go and picks up Alex from holding onto her leg.

"And how was my badass youngster?" she smiled.

"Good!" he smiled. He wraps his arms around her neck and gives her a long kiss on the cheek.

"Awww you're so cute!" said Casey.

Before they could celebrate any further, a faint explosion was heard from inside the building. The reunited trio halted everything when it was heard.

"We gotta go," said Suzy.

"Not until we find out where that orbital strike came from," said Casey. "It destroyed Liberty Prime!"

"What?! That's impossible!" said Alex.

"Well it is now," she said. "C'mon, grab a rifle and follow me."

Suzy and Alex pick up a laser rifle from the dead Enclave soldiers. Casey puts her Brotherhood helmet back on and leads the two to the other Knights.