Prolouge

War...war never changes...

The Capital Wasteland. Once Washington D.C. back in the old world, now in ruins, ever since the Great War that occurred on October 23, 2077. Billions of lives were lost, but some have survived this nuclear holocaust in the underground bunkers known as Vaults. Many of them opened after the bombings ended, but one of them, called Vault 101, did not. This is a very special and rare vault, for it has never opened for two hundred straight years. No one ever enters and no one ever leaves; until one faithful day, when one of the dwellers escaped and then another....

Our previous story revolved around a girl named Casey, who lived most of her life in Vault 101 until she was nineteen years old before she left to find her father, James, who left as well under mysterious circumstances. She meets Suzy, a girl her age with skilled abilities with a gun, and Alex, an eight year old boy raised by Suzy and very well trained with a sniper rifle. The three stuck together to find James and know why he left.

During their journey, they faced many dangers, such as raiders, Super Mutants, feral ghouls, and other mutated creatures. As they finally found James, he explains to Casey why he left. Before she was born, James was working on a project to purify all the irradiated water in the Capital Wasteland, called Project Purity. Located in the Jefferson Memorial Building's Rotunda, this project was soon canceled due to the amount of super mutant attacks and that Casey was born. Now that he has enough information to continue the project after two decades, James has Casey and her friends help him with it. As they continued on the project, a mysterious government organization, known as the Enclave, lead by a man named Colonel Autumn, invades the building and takes it over. Angered by the death of James, Casey swears to kill every single one of them.

Before she could do that, she forgets that the purifier is useless without a G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit), a small, silver briefcase made by Vault-Tec containing certain things to start a new life in the post-nuclear world. She and her friends go to Vault 87 that just so happens to have a G.E.C.K. They free a friendly super mutant named Fawkes and it helps them get the G.E.C.K. Once they got it, they were ambushed by the Enclave. Casey was taken away while they left Suzy and Alex behind.

Colonel Autumn demands Casey to tell him the code to turn on the purifier, but she doesn't co-operate one bit. The Enclave's leader, President Eden, frees Casey to have her come to his office. When she does, she realizes he wasn't human, but instead a ZAX AI unit computer. Eden wants Casey to install a modified FEV Virus into the purifier to kill off all the mutated creatures in the Capital Wasteland, but she refused due to knowing that the FEV virus could kill a person or turn him/her into a super mutant. She has him self-destruct, causing the Enclave's base, Raven Rock, to blow up.

After reaching back to the Citadel, Casey and her friends prepare for battle against the Enclave to take back Project Purity. As they make their way, they encountered many Enclave soldiers and vertibirds. However, the Brotherhood of Steel's secret weapon, Liberty Prime, takes action and helps defeat most of the hostile army. Casey enters the Jefferson Memorial building and kills Colonel Autumn. After the deed was done, she realizes the purifier has been sabotaged and damaged badly that she must enter the code immediately, or else the whole facility will explode. Luckily, she knows what the code was the last minute before she enters and enters it. The high amounts of radiation fills the room she is in, releasing fresh water throughout the entire Capital Wasteland, sacrificing herself for the greater good.

But the question is...did she survive? Let us find out...