Chapter Twenty: Full On Assault

Casey, Suzy, and Alex successfully escape the science lab, now trying to find Fawkes and the supplies from the Brotherhood's Resupply Crate. The gang snuck across the base, staying out of sight from Enclave soldiers. One of those soldiers that scared the group was Frank Horrigan. This monstrous killer stomps his way towards a group of Enclave soldiers.

"Allistair Tenpenny has put me in charge," he said sinisterly. "When the Brotherhood arrives, kill them all, or I will kill both you and them myself."

The group quickly leave from Horrigan, going towards another science lab. Luckily, they find Fawkes chained against the walls, struggling to break free. A few scientists examine the Tesla Cannon and the others try to contain Fawkes. A perfect chance to rescue him.

"Hey idiots!" Casey yelled. The scientists quickly glance at them, then notice their rifles are being pointed at them. Knowing they're unarmed, the scientists surrendered to them. Suzy and Alex help free Fawkes as Casey rounds up the scientists.

"HAHAHA!" laughed Fawkes. "It is great to be free once again!"

"Hey Fawkes," smiled Casey.

"My friend!" he said. "It is great to see you once more! The Tesla Cannon and message are right over there for you."

Casey looks over at the two things. She walks over to them and takes the message. She puts it in her Pip-Boy and starts the recording.

"This is Paladin Tristan to you," the message said. "If you're listening to this, then you've made it through the Presidential Metro and Adam's Air Force Base is all that stands in your way. Our scouts report that the fire controls for the orbital missile satellite are located in the main tower of the Enclave Mobile Platform. The only way into the platform is by way of a ramp that lowers from a watch post the Enclave set up in the old air traffic control tower. When you opened the crate, it triggered a beacon. We'll pick up the signal and start the assault to cover your entry. Good luck, and Godspeed."

The recording ends. Casey looks over at the Tesla Cannon, then looks at Fawkes with a grin on her face.

"Want a new toy, Fawkes?" she asked.

-------------------------------------------

Casey, Suzy, and Alex sneak inside the Air Control Tower as Fawkes battled against Enclave forces with the Tesla Cannon. He laughs as he fired electrical beams at groups, killing them instantly. An Enclave vertibird flies over Fawkes, firing the laser minigun at him. Fawkes fires the beam, destroying the flying vehicle completely.

The gang search inside the tower to the field research terminal. A robobrain sees the trio and fires a laser at them. Casey quickly fires back at the dome where the brain is located, and destroys it. They then head upstairs in the control tower. Suzy goes on the Field Research Terminal, selecting the option to open the mobile platform loading ramp.

After the success, the group see Brotherhood vertibirds flying across the Air Force base, striking Enclave ground force targets. They could also hear Fawkes cheering. Knowing the Brotherhood has arrived, the group rushed back down the stairs, until they stop to face a man Casey faced before.

"Do you three really think you can get away this easily?" Chief Gustavo asked.

"Dude, get out of our way," said Casey. "It's three against one."

"Yeah," said Suzy. "By the time you try to harm us, we'll open fire on you."

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen," Gustavo grinned. "You see-"

Oh Jesus Christ, Casey thought. Annoyed, she shoots at his stomach, bringing him down easily. Gustavo screamed and coughed up blood.

"Whoa Casey!" said Suzy. "He could of told us what he needed to say!"

"I don't want to hear his bullshit!" said Casey. "We already got more important things to do rather than sit and listen to this shit-head!"

"He could've been useful to us!" she yelled.

"We know what to do!" yelled Casey. "Head inside their platform and find the source of those missiles!"

"Damnit..." said Suzy. She looks up at Casey and walks over to her. She leans close to her ear to whisper something. "You. Me. Bed when this is all over."

"I can live with that," Casey grins.

"Ahem," said Alex, "you girls done chatting? Because we got a world to save, and if we don't, it's all over."

"He's right," she said, "let's go."

-------------------------------------------

Tenpenny looks out of the platform to see Brotherhood of Steel battling the Enclave. He knew Casey, Suzy, and Alex have escaped. Mister Burke walks in and looks at him.

"You know you have to make a decision, sir," he said. Tenpenny angrily thinks of what he said. Almost twenty years of waiting for fresh water, all because of James leaving to Vault 101 after Casey was born. He believed she was the reason for all of the mayhem that has happened. Tenpenny turns around to look at Mister Burke.

"Kill them," he said.

"It's about goddamn time," said Burke, loading up his 10mm submachine gun. He leaves the room down into the platform. Tenpenny looks over at a table filled with various chemicals and angrily flips it over, destroying the chemicals. A last stand match between him and his Enclave against the trio and the Brotherhood of Steel.