Chapter Fourteen: Unfriendly Faces; Unsudden Death

The gang enters a large, broken down office building with the floors tilting downwards for anyone to fall down from one floor of the building to the other. The humming slowly fades away. Enclave soldiers were scattered around, guarding the area.

"Nothing to report here," said an Enclave soldier.

What's different about them is that their armor looked very similar to the T-45d power armor, except it was much darker and more menacing. Suzy recognizes the armor.

"Hellfire armor," she whispered.

"What?" asked Casey.

"That's the armor they're wearing," she stated. "I've heard it's as powerful as the T-51b armor."

"Well shit," said Casey. "So what's the plan then?"

"Can we run in and shoot them like crazy?" asked Alex, eagerly wanting to kill them.

"Hmmm......y'know, screw it," said Suzy. She comes out of cover and fires at a Hellfire-armored Enclave soldier. The soldier gets hit in the back of the head and falls to the ground dead. This alarmed many of the soldiers.

"Targets sighted!!" yelled one of them. Alex spots that soldier and fires his plasma rifle at him. The soldier dies by turning into a pile of green goo. Casey fires her laser rifle at many others. Some get killed, but most of them survive the blasts.

The soldiers push forward, but one soldier stays behind on top of one story. He held an incinerator and fired balls of flames at the three. They quickly dodge, with the ball landing on the ground and spreading wildly. Suzy's sleeve catches on fire. She gasps and puts it out fast. An Enclave soldier grabs Alex from behind and holds him in a bear hug.

"LET GO OF ME!" he yelled as he squirms and wiggles. Suzy runs over to the two and punches the soldier in the face with the powerfist, killing him instantly. The soldier flies back and lets go of Alex.

Casey catches her eye at the Hellfire soldier. She looks for a way to go after him, until seeing a broken billboard leaning from the floor she's on to the top floor the Hellfire soldier is on. She looks over at Suzy, seeing her help up Alex.

"Suzy!" she calls out. "Powerfist!"

"Gotcha!" she said. Suzy takes the weapon off her hand and tosses it to Casey. She catches it and puts it on. Casey paces fast up the billboard towards the soldier. The Hellfire Enclave soldier fires his incinerator at Casey. One fireball lands in front of her. The soldier holds his fire as the flame rises, thinking he killed her. All of a sudden, Casey jumps through the fire towards the Hellfire soldier and punches his head with the powerfist. The soldier's head flies off from his body, killing him.

Suzy and Alex catch up to Casey. The trio heads through an open door, leading downstairs to Olney Powerworks. As they finally reached their destination, they heard loud static coming from the main room. On their way, they encounter two sentry bots. Each of them had two weapons on their arms; a minigun on their right arm and a missile launcher on their left arm. Suzy's eyes widen as she remembers encountering one before.

"TAKE COVER!!!" she screamed. The gang quickly took cover. One of the sentry bot's fires a missile at the group, but misses, leaving a loud explosion. Alex covers his ears tightly. Suzy notices something on the ground that caught her eye; a pulse grenade.

"This'll kill them easily!" she said as she swipes it. She pulls the pin and throws it over to the two robots. The grenade explodes in a large, static dome shape, disabling the two robots. Casey looks up and laughs.

"Nice!" she said. "I'm pretty sure there'll be more of them. Let's see if we can find any more of those grenades."

The gang splits up in search for more of pulse grenades. Alex opens up a grenade box and finds two. Suzy checks the ammunition box, only to find one and energy cells. Casey checks everywhere, but couldn't find any.

"Let's go," said Suzy. They all head into a different room on their way to the Tesla Coil. They head upstairs to small office work stations and one sentry bot. Casey runs over to it and punches its face with the powerfist multiple times, before having it be destroyed. Before going through the door, Casey sees a glowing green in the halls. Her Pip-Boy starts detecting radiation.

"Radiation is just up ahead," she said.

"You have any Rad-X in your backpack?" asked Suzy.

"Sure do," said Casey. She takes off and unzips her backpack, taking out a few Rad-X pills. She hands some to Suzy and Alex. They take it and swallow the pills.

"Okay," said Suzy, "on the count to three, run like hell, got it?"

"Yes ma'am!" said Alex.

"One...two...THREE!" she said. The gang ran into the halls of radiation. Casey's Pip-Boy detects large amounts of radiation that is up to thirty. She sees a metal door and quickly opens it. The group exits out quickly. Casey takes out RadAway from her backpack and gives some to Suzy and Alex. After injecting some into their bodies, they skimmed around the room they're in.

They were on the upper floor with chambers of electricity. Guarding these chambers were sentry bots. The group gasps and quickly ran as fast as they could away from the robots. They fired their miniguns at the group, but missed.

Casey, Suzy, and Alex enter inside a large computer generator room. They walk around until reaching their final metal door, leading to where the Tesla Coil is located. They enter inside, seeing the central reactor. Inside was large static of electricity.

"I guess this is it," said Casey.

"How do we get it though?" asked Alex.

"I don't know," said Suzy. "Let's find a way down there."

The gang heads downstairs to the central reactor. The gang faced the electricity around them. In front of them was it; the Tesla Coil. Casey slowly walks over to it and reaches for it.

"Casey wait!" said Suzy. "I don't think you should grab it."

"I'll try to be quick," she said. Casey quickly grabs the coil, but suddenly gets electrocuted. Suzy and Alex gasp loudly and they grab her, until they too get electrocuted with her. Casey quickly takes the Tesla Coil, and flies far back.

Suzy slowly gets up, steaming from electrocution. Casey sits up with the Tesla Coil in hands. She sees Alex laying on the floor, not moving.

"S-Suzy!!" she said. Suzy looks down at Alex and gasps. She picks him up and tries to wake him up. Not an inch.

"ALEX NO!!! PLEASE WAKE UP!!" Suzy screamed. Alex didn't move. He felt lifeless. Suzy bursts into tears and sobs. Casey looks over at the two, scared out of her mind.

"S-Suzy-"

"GET AWAY!!!" she screamed. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! I TOLD YOU NOT TO GRAB IT!!!"

"I-I'm so sorry!" said Casey. "I-I didn't know-"

"WELL YOU SHOULD OF!!!" Suzy screamed. "YOU GOT ALEX KILLED YOU SON OF A BITCH!!! JUST TAKE THE FUCKING COIL AND GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!!! YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!!!"

Casey's heart shatters into pieces. None of this would have happened if she would have listened to Suzy's warning. Suzy cries her heart out while holding Alex's lifeless body. Casey breaks into tears and leaves the two with the Tesla Coil. This is the last time she'll ever see the two. She is all alone; her mother and father dead, Alex dead, and Suzy mourning over his death.

Casey looks at the Tesla Coil, then back at Suzy. She was crying in pain, holding onto Alex's body. Casey places the Tesla Coil down and leaves without it.