Chapter Thirteen: Deathly Encounter

Inside the ruins of the town Old Olney, Casey, Suzy, and Alex ran very fast away from five chasing Deathclaws running straight after them.

"YOU JUST HAD TO SNEEZE, DIDN'T YOU?!?" asked Casey.

"WELL SORRY IF I HAVE ALLERGIES!!!" said Suzy.

Alex quickly turns around to face these monstrous creatures. They were tall mutated Jackson Chameleons with razor sharp claws long enough to catch one's opponent. Alex fires his sniper rifle at one, hitting its face. The Deathclaw screams in a monstrous roar and it covers its face. Alex quickly ran away to catch up with Casey and Suzy.

The trio took cover and fired many rounds at the five monsters. Most of the bullets stunned them, but after receiving so much led and losing so much blood, the monsters fell dead. The trio breathes heavily.

"I can't believe they heard you sneeze!" said Casey.

"I have allergies, okay?" said Suzy. "Most dust and grime make me sneeze a lot."

"I think the coast is clear," said Alex. The three exit out of cover and began walking around the old abandoned town. Casey looks around the place, then she looks at Suzy.

"Hey Suzy," she said, "how do you know so many locations out here? Like, you know where Evergreen Mills is, you know where GNR is, how do you know so much?"

"I've been taught a lot of geography that I memorized it very well," she answered. "However there will be some places that I've never heard of that I don't know where they are, such as Little Lamplight."

"Oh man," said Alex, "don't mention that place. Especially that Princess girl. She wanted me to kiss her?! Ewww!!!"

"Hey buddy," said Casey, "when you get older, you would want to hang out with that special girl and make out with her for a looooong time."

"Is that a bite mark on your neck Casey?" he asked. Her and Suzy's eyes widen.

"Uhhh hey Suzy," said Casey, "where do we need to go in this place?"

"Er...probably through the sewers!" she said. "Yeah let's go through there!"

The two laughed a little nervously. Alex stares at them, crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow. He means business.

"Okay we wrestled again," said Casey. "I was beating Suzy and she bit my neck."

"Yeah it's true," said Suzy.

"Oh...okay!" smiled Alex. He skips over to the sewer pipe. The girls look at each other in relief, then they follow Alex. They lifted up the lid of the sewers and they go down the ladder carefully.

The sewers was very dark. The only shed of light down there is the lamp lights hanging from the top. The trio snuck quietly. Casey looks around the sewers, until seeing another Deathclaw. The creature had its back turned away from the three, having what it looks like a pair of ribs bloodied up with chunks of flesh stuck onto it. The Deathclaw chewed and ate the chunks of the human flesh. Suzy covered her face, smelling the decaying, rotting corpse.

Not wanting to cause attention, the three left it alone and snuck away from it. They quickly stopped when they spot another one, walking around slowly. The Deathclaw breathed loudly with a growl mixed to it. It looked up and smelled the air, sensing the three. The trio stayed absolutely still, not moving a single muscle. Suzy's nose twitched, and she was just about to sneeze again. Casey notices and she quickly places her finger on Suzy's nose. She takes a deep breath, not feeling like she needed to sneeze anymore.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"Don't mention it," Casey whispered.

The Deathclaw stomps away. The three quickly head upwards of the sewers, finding no Deathclaws in sight. Alex finds a ladder that leads to the underground of Old Olney. He climbs up the ladder and slides the lid open. He pops his head and looks around. He finds two ghouls sitting down doing nothing until they see Alex. He gasps.