" So my father might know where this baby is?" Joshua question doubtfully.

"She isn't a baby anymore Joshua, have you been drinking before we came?" David said rolling his eyes.

"Why now? After all these years."

" Well my friend a source tells us that she had been in London all this time. So since the Fisher's are powerful people and it concerns your father I see it rather wise to seek your help. " he explained.

Joshua stare at Lord Bark skeptically . He wonder if he could trust him so rationally. After he slept with his Lady friend he was developing feels for when they had just left Eton he and Bark was not on speaking terms as petty as it may sound it was betrayal. He sigh as he buried his face in his hands. It was a long time ago and he need to put that behind him. " Why does the king concern himself about this matter?"

Lord Bark sigh as he sat back in his chair." You don't get it do you,if we find the Princess we can return her to Spain and form peace between them ."

"Joshua I already agreed to help him. I need you on board with me." David urge.

Joshua smile as he watched his best friend. Always the convincing and persuasive type." I'll help only because our country is to benefit,my father and I aren't on good terms and you will need someone to take care of you." Joshua said matter of faculty causing his friend to chuckle.

Lord Bark smile to himself. He was slowly making progress soon he would have that reward money the Spaniards were offering." I heard you got married. How's the wife?" He question with a smirk.

"Like the devil reincarnated. You know she place pepper in my soup,having me swollen like a pig. She believe I don't know it's her." Joshua chuckled at his little wife attempts to push him over the edge.

"Sounds like my type of woman." Joshua immediately stop laughing and give Lord Bark a deadly glare.

"I think I should be getting home. " David said rising from his seat. " Jenny would be to happy if she wakes up without me." He winked.

"I'll just stay here a while." Joshua told his friend as he watch him bid his farewell and leave the pub.

Leaving him with Lord Bark who sat in awkward silence before he escape to find the waitress. Leaving Joshua alone much to his relief.

******

Halley was getting very bored sitting outside the pub, with her hands resting on her chin she stare at the door waiting for her husband and deciding whether to entered. Her hopes brighten when she saw Lord Cummings exit the pub and got on his horse before throwing a coin at her. He thought her a beggar. He is so sweet and generous she smile fondling with the silver coin. Where is that husband of hers?

"Well look what we have here a beggar." Halley scream as she was pulled to her feet.The two drunkards smile roughly at her showing their rotten teeth causing her to quiver with disgust.

"Let go of me you vile man." She scream wiggling like a worm to be free from his grasp. The other drunkard came and pull the cloak from her head." It's a lady we have just got luck Jimmy." He laugh wickly.

Halley heart could be heard from mile, to say she was terrify was an understatement. They were dragging her to an abundant alley and Halley fought with all her might to escape. One was holding her feet,while the other the upper half of her body. Tears rolled off her cheeks ,was this how she was going to die? Would they even found her body? Her husband would be happy to get rid of her. Her husband!

Halley reached out and grab hold of the horse's saddle and started screaming." Joshua! "

Joshua sigh as he rise from his seat. It's high time he get home and with his friend gone, the pub seem boring, paying the other waitress handsomely. For the other was occupied. He exit the pub only to hear someone screaming his name.

Turning abruptly he saw two men trying to drag a lady towards the dark alley while the poor miss hold on to the horse's saddle for her life. Was it one of his Lady friends? Looking closing at the horse who neigh at him. His eyes widen.

Justice? what was his horse doing here?

"Joshua! Please help me" Halley cried as her hands were peeled off the saddle.

"Halley!" He shouted angrily as he ran to save her.Why couldn't she just stay at home like the other ladies?

"Release her!"

Halley was place on the ground and a knife brought to her throat." I don't take orders for no one and we found her first"The man spat hatefully.

Joshua was frightened out of his wits. Looking at his vulnerable wife,scared him to death he wanted nothing more to comfort her and protect her.Where were all these feelings coming from he didn't know. What he did know is he needed to get Halley home and save from these drunkards.

" Your right you found her first. " Halley eyes widen at her husband.

" you bastard!"

" you can have her but I want in on the action after you guys. I'm a man with needs and my wife ain fulfilling them." He continued, the men laughed heartily at him.

The man lower the knife from her throat." I know how you feel,I had a wife a lazy loft was that one." He laugh.

Halley watched her husband as he signal her to run, seeing the knife in his hand she didn't need to be told twice. Halley ran behind her husband while Joshua fire his knife at the drunkard. He went to his knees. Joshua quickly went after the other, who was about to escape.

" Never touch my wife again!" he said before beating him unconscious.

Halley sobbed as she ran into Joshua's arms. It was the first time they held each other she felt safe and comfortable. Joshua breathed in her fresh scent of Lavender and Jasmin. His wife was so small and fragile and he love the feeling of her in his arms.This didn't wash away the anger that boiled within him about his wife snooping around at this time of the night.

" What were you thinking! Leaving the estate at this god forsaken hour!" Halley sobbed even hardly at her foolishly behaviour.

"I'm sorry. I-I thought"

"You thought what!" Joshua shouted." That I am having an affair! I marry you didn't I?"

"Only by forced!" She retorted. "Also you haven't exactly been loyal!"

"You'll be the death of me woman! Let's go home I'll deal with you there. You will be confined to the house until I say when." He said holding her by the waist to place her onto his horse.

"Let me go!" She said pulling from his grasp." I hate you!" She sobbed, climbing on her own horse and galloping towards the estate.

Joshua groan as he quickly got on the horse and followed his wife.

****

Another update!!! I find myself not being able to sleep its like I have insomnia or something bored watching TV I decided to write. Really hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.

Don't forget

Vote

Comment

Mwah :)