Chapter Six

The carriage took its last trod and stopped at the huge church just a few miles from the estate. Halley took a deep breathe as she climb out of the carriage. She wish she had her family with her and couldn't understand why they didn't accompany her. She grimace as she saw Lord Fisher smiling at her. That was the first time she saw him smile and it made him look younger.

Accenting the few steps while holding the hem of her gown she hesitatingly took his hand that was extended towards her." You look beautiful this evening Miss Halley."

"Thank you." She smile today was her wedding day and she want to remember it as an enjoyable moment. She only plan on marrying once and there is no use sulking. This was her new life and need to make the best of it.

The church door open and Halley take a her first step towards her future.
Joshua almost stop breathing at the sight before him. Dressed in white satin gown that fit perfectly showing her curves, hair in an elegant coiffure and smiling as she walked linked to his father's arm was his bride. She was breathtaking and he couldn't help but stare.

" you never told me she was this beautiful. " David scolded in a hush tone bringing Joshua back to reality.

Before he could reply his father placed his bride small fragile hand in his. He could felt them slightly shaking. She was nervous and he couldn't help feeling sympathetic.

"Do you Halley Bryston take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband to love and to Cherish in sickness and in health till death do you part.." The pastor questioned. Halley who was lost for words staring at the handsome man before her didn't hear what the pastor had said.

Joshua raised an eyebrow at her as the pastor clear his throat. "Well do you?"

"Ummm.....sure" the few invited guest began to laugh at her response and Halley blushed with embracement.

" I do" she repeated.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife you may kiss the bride." Halley turn pale how could she forget the kiss! She would have to kiss her husband, which would be natural and less frightening if she knew how.

Joshua saw her pale and body became tense and he reached in and kiss her lightly on the cheek as much as he wanted to kiss those pink rose lips he couldn't make her feel more embarrass  and nervous.

*****

Halley sat alone on the sofa,watching everyone of the strange guest laugh and enjoy themselves. She felt like an impostor on her own wedding night. Her husband had abandoned her as soon as his foot step out of the carriage. It has been an odd and uncomfortable ride back to the estate and Halley wanted to cry. This isn't how she had imagined her wedding day.

"I wonder why such a beautiful bride is sitting all by herself?" Playing idly with the ribbons on her gown. Halley looked up to see a beautiful blond smiling down at her.

" I'm Jennifer Cummings, countess of Birmingham " the countess took a seat beside Halley who shifted her body to give the beautiful blond enough space.

" I'm Halley brys-" she began but suddenly corrected herself. " Halley Fisher." She mumbled the last word not quiet used to it as yet.

Jennifer smile sympathetically at Halley. Sitting all by herself on her wedding night with no view of her newly husband in sight. Where are you Joshua?

"How would you like to take a walk in the gardens." Jennifer asked standing to her feet.

"I'll love to. It certainly beats sitting here all alone." Halley smile as she stood to her feet and smoothed her lovely dressed.

The garden was magnificent,lanterns were spread throughout the garden providing them a guide of the night also enhancing the beauty. Halley smile as she breathed in the fresh cold atmosphere.

" Lovely is it not?" Jennifer said with a sigh.

" Yes very thank you for bringing me out here." Halley said hoarsely before she burst into tears.

"Oh Halley. It will be alright" Jennifer sooded embracing Halley as they sat on the green lush grass. Halley cried for her family she missed back home,she cry for the situation she was in. She was married to a man who couldn't even stand her company. After feeling the dampness on Lady Jennifer's beautiful lavender gown and her head slightly aching. Halley wipe her eyes quickly with the back of her hands." I'm sorry"

"No need to be I understand. I was once being forced to marry a man I didn't love or know anything about."

Halley eyes widen with curiosity. " What happen? "

"Well she found me of course." Interposed Lord Cummings. Halley saw Jennifer eyes lit up like Christmas upon hearing her husband's voice.

"David What are you doing out here?" She questioned enthusiastically looking up at her handsome husband.

"Well looking for you my Darling wife." He reached down and pull Jennifer up in his arms who giggled in return as he kiss her passionately.

Halley began to blush at such intimacy and quickly stare at the ground. " David we aren't alone,put me down." Jennifer said smacking her husband's shoulder lightly.

"Oh,Halley.What are you doing out here? Where is your scoundrel of a husband?" He question humorously placing his wife on the ground.

"I do not know his whereabouts." Halley said rudely as she stood to her feet dusting her gown off." He couldn't wait to get rid of me as soon as the ceremony ended."

" Let's go look for him shall we?" Halley was hesitant to go look for her husband, if anything he should be the one seeking her.

" A bride looking for her husband on their wedding night. How pathetic " Halley mumbled as she icily took his arm while Jennifer took the other.

*****

Yeah I wonder where is that scoundrel of a husband??

Don't forget

Vote

Comment