Chapter Two

"The answer is no!" Halley shouted as she burst through the drawing room. Her mother almost spilled tea all over the floor upon her insolent arrival.

"Halley what is the meaning of this?" Her father John Bryston retorted standing to his full height.

"I heard I am suppose to be married and my answer is no," Halley eyes met his challengingly. " absolutely not!"

"You don't have much of a choice dear daughter. It has already been done." Halley saw the stubbornness in her father's eyes and knew their would be difficulty changing it.

"Father please I don't want to be married." Halley sobbed." I want to stay here with you,Timothy and mother. I know I have said I hate this place but I didn't mean it."

"Mr. Bryston is this your daughter?" The stranger question scrutinizing her from head to toe.

"Lord Fisher,my apologies let me introduced you to my daughter Halley." His tone was tremulous and quavery and Halley soon realized that her father was afraid of this man as well as her mother who hasn't said a word yet.

Lord Fisher stare at the girl who would soon be his daughter in law. She was a beauty under all those dirty clothes, which would soon be burnt the first minute she set foot on his estate. Her brown eyes held stubbornness and bravely. A trait all the Fisher wives needed to have.

A smile pull across his face." She is perfect Sir. " exclaimed the Lord standing to his feet. "No need to worry she would be well taken care of."

Mr. Bryston couldn't be more ecstatic. He had thought that his little spitfire of a daughter would scare away the gentleman. But how wrong he was!" thank you very much my Lord. " the men shook hands confirming the deal they had just made.

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" Halley shouted glaring furiously at Lord Fisher.

"Oh yes you are and you're leaving today with me." Lord Fisher reply with a stern face.

"Today?" Mrs. Bryston questioned. Finally making herself known in this situation. She was heartbroken to hear that her little girl was being sent off to marry a complete stranger but it had to be done. It was better than having her working in a whore house. She wish this didn't happen and was the only reason she agreed to marrying her so soon at the age of eighteen.

"The sooner the better Mrs. Bryston and by traveling with me she would be safe and comfortable." Lord Fisher assured her with a smile.

Halley watched as they continue making decisions pertaining her life as if she wasn't in the room. How can this happen? She was going to marry a total stranger. For all she knew he could be fat and ugly and only care about food. Good Lord and she doesn't even know how to Cook! Would he be abusive? Halley picture herself with a black and blue eye and frowned what was she thinking she was Halley Bryston, daughter of a former solicitor and she would be foolish if she let any man hit her. She would make his life a living hell first and a smile form on her lips.

So far so good? Love to hear your thoughts fellow readers.
Don't forget to vote and comment :)