Chapter 42

---Trent

I returned home, Mindy looked up when I came in.  "I'm alright.  I just went to the office for a short time."

"It's your life not mine.  Hunter's been fussy all morning.  He didn't get to see you this morning and he has more teeth coming in."

"Sorry."

"I was just saying.  Even if you don't want to be here, you're his father even if you don't want to be."

"I don't know the life you're trying to put me into.  How would you feel if you just found out that you were married, had a kid, and your parents are no where to be found.  One in jail and the other just gone?"  I snapped.  She flinched.  She grabbed Hunter and her keys.  "Where are you going?"

"You know, I don't know what it's like to not remember everything, but I'd be at least halfway grateful for having at least 2 people around to help me remember and actually care about me.  I love you and at least before I knew you would come back.  Right now I feel like you want to leave and never want to see me again."

"Look, don't drive upset okay?"  I begged.  "Please."

"Fine, keep you and your temper away from my baby."  she took him upstairs.  I heard her crying as soon as the door shut.

I left that night, on a solo camping trip.  I stayed away for about 2 weeks.

---Mindy

Hunter loved his Orajel and his baby Tylenol when his gums were hurting.  He had two teeth which finally broke through his gums and one more working it way through.  He was 7 months now.  My depression was getting worse the longer Trent was away.  I was sitting in a tub of warm water, my hands in fists against my head.

---Trent

Mindy was in pain.  What the hell was I thinking?  She has depression and major anxiety.  I pulled into the driveway and jumped out of the car.  I ran inside and found Mindy in a tub of water.  She had a rash forming on her arms and along her back.  "T-Trent."  she said sobbing.  I wrapped her in a towel and held her close against my chest.

"I'm here."  I whispered.  "I'm here."  she sobbed into my neck.

"You don't want me anymore."

"I need you baby.  I'm so sorry for leaving like I did.  I want you.  I need you."

---Mindy

The kiss was like our very first.  He kissed me long and hard keeping his tight hold on me.  I felt the blanket under me in minutes.  I tugged his shirt off and he kicked his jeans off.

Morning came, I was in the kitchen putting lotion on the rash which was on my arms.  Trent came in,  "Hi baby."