Chapter 36

---Miranda

It's been two months since the incident with Trent's mom.  I was watching a movie at the apartment when Trent came home.  "Hello baby."  he said emphasizing the word baby.

"Hey you."  he jumped on the bed beside me.  

"Happy Valentine's Day."  he said kissing me softly.  He opened his hand and a chain necklace dropped from his palm.  "For my baby."  he said clasping it around my neck.  He showed me the picture enclosed in the locket.  It was one of our wedding pictures.  I gave him a kiss.

"It's beautiful.  Thank you."  he kissed me back and slid under the blanket tickling me.

---Laura

The door was obviously locked and it took more than just a key.  I knocked a couple times and heard Mindy's voice as she laughed at something Trent said.  The door opened and Mindy stood there with her hair messed up and she was wearing Trent's t-shirt and a pair of pajama pants.  "What're you doing here?"  she asked.

"James kicked me out."  I said.

"We're all booked here."  Trent said walking up behind Mindy.  "This is the married couple dorm.  We have one bed and one couch."

"Mike and Henry are here."

"They sleep on the couch.  Their heat is getting fixed at their place.  They are currently out enjoying outdoor Valentine's festivities while we enjoy indoor festivities."

"Mike and Henry aren't married."

"They are engaged to be married and they were here before you.  Sorry, the hotel is booked."  Trent closed the door in my face.  I went to Tanya's.

---Miranda

Trent grabbed two towels and went to start the water for a shower.  He leaned against the door frame.  "You.  Me.  Shower."

"Oh yeah, says who?"

"Says me."  he tossed me over his shoulder and carried me into the bathroom.

"Mr. James, you are such a trouble maker."  He set me on my feet.

"Thank you Mrs. James."

We took a shower and Trent was finishing up his shaving when the phone rang.  I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel.  I dried off and put on a pair of underpants and a t-shirt.  I was running the towel through my hair when I grabbed the phone.  "Trent's phone, Mindy speaking."

"Mindy, it's Jenks.  I have some news for both of you."

"Hold on a second."  I said.  "Trent?  Baby, come here."  he walked in sitting on the bed beside me.  I relaxed across his lap.  His arm over me.  He kissed my cheek.  I put the phone on speaker.

"I'm here."  Trent said.

"Hello, sir.  I have good news for you."

"What's up?"

"You two are now owners of the estate.  Your mother is in prison and your father disappeared.  You're name is next on the list and you have inherited the company and any money left in the bank which totals up to:  $4,324.98."