Chapter 41

---Mindy

I was standing by the door while Dr. Mitchell checked Trent's vitals.  "Trent, I'm Dr. Mitchell.  You're in the hospital."

"Okay."

"Mindy and Hunter are here."

"Who?"  he asked.

"Mindy's your wife.  You've been married for almost 4 years now.  Hunter is your 6 month old son."

"What?"

"It'll sink in."

In the hallway, Dr. Mitchell was writing stuff down.  "Temporary amnesia is common with head trauma.  The best thing for him right now is to return to his normal routine after he is released."

"Right, and what is Hunter supposed to do?  His father doesn't even know him and who's to say when Hunter wants him he won't just walk away."

"Mindy, he's lost his memory not his heart.  He won't turn away from his son and I doubt he'll turn away from you."  he said.  "Just try to jog his memory without overwhelming him.  He'll get headaches if he gets too overwhelmed."

Trent was released from the hospital.  I was driving us home.  "Is Hunter our only child?"

"Only one alive."  I said.

"What?"

"About a year before we got married, we found out we were having twin girls.  I had an accident at our old place and fell down the stairs.  They were stillborn."

"What were their names?"

"Aleah and Melissa."

"I like those names."

"Good.  You picked them out."  I said.  He smirked.

---Trent

I was asleep in the room Mindy showed me when we got home.  I was dreaming and the dream centered around Mindy.  I think it had to deal with when her and I first met.  It started off with when she ran into me and her friend said something.  I ignored that.  Then we were in a classroom.

"Do you have just as much of an attitude as your friend?"

"No."

"Good.  Bad behavior leads to spankings."

"Spankings?"

"I dislike a misbehaving mate."

"Mate?"

************

I jumped waking up.  Mindy was changing the bandage on my head.  "Hey, dinner's ready."

"Okay."

"You alright?"

"I'm fine."  she finished up and stood up.

"When you're ready just come down okay?"  I nodded.