Chapter 21

---Alyssa

It's been an entire year since I was taken away from my family.  I managed an escape and found some change.  I stepped into a phone booth and called Matt's company.  "Lucas Company."

"Can I speak to Matthew Lucas please?"

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Alyssa Lucas."

"Please wait a moment while I redirect your call."

"Matthew Lucas."  he said answering his phone.

"Matty."  I said.

"Alyssa!"  he said with relief.  "Where are you?"  he asked.  "Are you alright?"

"I'm in California."

"Tell me where.  I'll be there as soon as I possibly can."

"Sacramento."

"I'll be there.  Stay where you can't be found by them.  I'm on my way."

"Okay."  I said.  "Matt?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too Aly.  Forever and always."

That night, I was at the bus station waiting where it was warmer.  I caught the familiar scent of Matt's cologne and I looked up.  Matt was stepping out of a taxi.  I stood up and opened the door.  Matt turned and saw me.  "Aly."  I ran to him hugging him as tightly as I could.  He pressed his face into my neck.  "Baby..."  he whispered kissing me.

He took me to get some clothes and some food.  He watched as I scarfed down food.  "Slow down baby."  he said.  We were at some fancy hotel.  "Take a break.  You'll get sick."

"Sorry."  I said.

"You're fine.  I just don't want you to get sick.  When was the last time you ate?"

"A few days ago."

I went to take a hot shower, Matt came in with some clean clothes.  "Matt?"

"Yes?"

"Did you bring my favorite sweatshirt?"

"Of course."  he said.  The shower curtain slid open and Matt stepped in.  I tried to hide myself.  He stopped me.  "Happy birthday."  he whispered softly kissing my lips.  I kissed him back.  I parted my lips with his and he pulled away too soon.  "Finish up."  he said.

I finished my shower and exited the bathroom wearing his sweatshirt and some underpants.  Matt was on the phone probably informing someone that I was alright.  I brushed the knots out of my hair and laid down on an actual bed for the first time in a year.  I felt Matt's arms slid around me pulling me close to his chest.  "Are we still...?"

"Yes.  I love you so much and I missed you more than anything in this entire world."

"Why'd you stop in the shower?"

"Because I would much rather be in a bed especially for our reunion."  he said brushing his thumb over my bottom lip.  "I missed my baby so much."

"I missed you too Matty."  he let me turn around.  He pulled me close and his lips met mine in a soft kiss.  I climbed on top of him.