Chapter 23

---Alyssa

Layla started preschool when she turned 4, Matt Jr. was 6 months old, I just turned 25 and Matt was 29.  I was holding Jr. in the kitchen.  Matt walked in while I was making Jr. laugh by holding him up in at arms length.  He giggled.  "Party time?"  Matt asked.

"Uh oh.  It's daddy."  I said.  Jr. reached for his daddy and Matt took him.

"How was class?"  Matt asked.

"I have to draw a naked man."  I said.

"What?"

"I'm just kidding."  I was going into creative writing, publishing and art.  Creative writing was something simple to me.  Publishing was a way I could work with Matt or even my dad.  Art, I just missed drawing.  Matt set Jr. down on his blanket and he started playing with his toys.

"I can give you a naked man, but you won't have time to draw."  he said giving me a swift kiss, deepening it instantly.  My hands resting on his chest.  I leaned my head back slightly giving him neck access.  I smiled when he returned to my lips.  "Mmm... I missed you so much."

"I missed you more."  I said between kisses.  He pulled away instantly and pulled me off the counter and onto my feet.  My dad walked in with Layla.

"I was on my way home when I heard on the radio about a gas leak at the preschool.  I stopped to pick her up."

"Daddy!"  Layla ran to Matt's open arms.  My dad picked up Jr. and looked at me.

"Got here at a bad time?"

"No."  I said.

"I was going to put Jr. down for a nap before I got too carried away."  I hit Matt's arm.

"Mom and I can take these two off your hands for the evening."

"Long enough for dinner?"  Matt asked.

"Sure.  An hour for dinner and what 30 seconds for the after activities?"

"Ha ha."  Matt said.

Matt took me out for dinner.

After dinner, we were at the lake just walking.  "Next business trip, I would like you to come with me."  Matt said.

"I hardly fit in with your business crowd."  I said.

"I hardly fit.  You're fine."  Matt said.  "If you don't want to go then I would rather not fight before I leave."

"No fighting under the condition that you don't wait until the last minute to tell me."

"Deal."  he pulled me in for a kiss.  The kiss was so heated, I didn't even realize that we were back in the truck until he pulled away.

The next morning, I woke up in bed next to Matt.  My phone rang.  I grabbed it off the bedside table and answered it.  "Hello?"  I said still trying to wake up.

"Aly, put it on channel 2 now."

"What's going on?"

"Just do it.  Dad's pissed."  I turned on the TV and put it on channel 2.

CEO of Lucas Company found in an awkward position last night with an unknown female.  CEO is married with 2 children.  His truck was found by Lake Sanders late last night.