Chapter 32

---Miranda

After a year of seeing Trent, we broke up.  He was too busy and didn't want me to have to wait around for him while he worked.  About two months after the break up I entered a relationship with another Alpha.  I was at school walking to class.  Martin cornered me.  "You cheating on me?"

"No."  I said.  He shoved me into the men's locker room.  I fell into the lockers.  He beat me and pinned me between the wall and his body.  I heard his belt and he tore a wrapper open.  He put on the condom and continued his brutal assault.  His hand clamped over my mouth.  I sobbed and screamed into his hand.  Fighting the best I could.  The door slammed into the wall.  Martin was so absorbed into what he was doing he didn't pay attention.  He was pulled off me and I hit the floor.  I sobbed into my hands curled up into a ball hiding myself.

I felt the shocking touch of Trent.  His Beta took care of Martin.  He moved my hands.  He looked at my injuries and unbuttoned his dress shirt.  He slid it off and helped me put it on.  He carried me out of the locker room.  "Trent?"  the principal said.

"MINDY!"  My mom said running over with my dad.  Trent looked at my father.

"She was raped.  I have an excellent pack doctor.  I have to mate her.  I will not force her if she refuses.  I have to try.  She needs her mate now."  he nodded.

That night, Trent was tending to my bandages.  He let me bathe and was just checking my injuries.  "I love you Miranda and I'm sorry for being so stupid."  I kissed him once and curled up against his chest.

I woke up around midnight alone.  I went downstairs and found Trent in his office.  He looked up when I came in.  "Hi."  he said.

"Hi."  I said.  I leaned against his desk.

"How do you feel?"

"Still sore."  he leaned back in his chair.

"I need to tell you something."  he said.

"What?"  I asked.

"I never wanted to break up.  You had so many guys bowing at your every move.  I didn't think I was good enough for you.  I'm older than you and I'm not a virgin."

"So?"

"My first two years of college I did things..."

"And?"

"I only did it once.  After that I felt wrong and just didn't think I should put my mate through that."  he stood up.  "Mindy, I'm in love with you and I want to show you how much.  I want to marry you so I can show you how much for as long as we both shall live."

Morning came, I woke up curled up to Trent's bare chest.  I then realized something very important.  I shot up out of bed falling on my butt onto the floor.  Trent woke up he started laughing when he saw me on the floor.  "Awe, are you alright?"

"No, I'm not."  I searched all over the place for a wrapper.

"Mindy?"

"Did we use protection?"

"No."  he said.  "Mindy, I didn't impregnate you.  I exited before that could happen."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes.  I'm not ready for babies and neither are you."  he said.  "Get ready to go.  I'm taking you out for breakfast."  he pulled on a pair of jeans and grabbed a t-shirt.

In his truck, he was quiet.  "Did I do something wrong?"

"No.  Why?"

"You aren't talking to me."

"I don't have much to say."

"Do you want me to stay in my dorm?"

"No.  I want you to live with me, but that's your choice."

"Was it bad?"

"What?"

"Sex?"

"Definitely not."

"Then what's wrong?"

"I've told you that I love you about 10 times since yesterday and I haven't heard it back from you."

"That's all?"

"Yes."

"Well, I do love you.  It's just that the last time I said it, you broke up with me."

"You're stuck with me for good."  he said.  I gave him a long kiss at the stop light.

Two months later, Trent was at his other job when he wasn't in class.  He was training some kids at the gym for a karate tournament.  I was still living in my dorm and we had a major argument before he left for work because of Hilary and her boyfriend.  Trent stayed over because we were watching a movie and fell asleep.  Hilary's boyfriend was also over at the dorm room.  Preston was making rude comments toward Trent which in the end caused a fight between me and him.

I was diagnosed with depression about a month ago when we had our last major fight and he took off for three days without a word.  I was sitting in front of his apartment door curled up a ball, soaking wet and freezing cold.  My bag setting beside me full of my stuff.  I heard footsteps on the stairs and smelled his wolf-like scent.  The door to the staircase opened and Trent appeared.  He saw me sitting there.  He unlocked his door and lifted me up.  He slid my bag in and closed the door behind him.  I heard the locks click into place.  He set me on my feet and held me tight rubbing my back through my wet clothes trying to warm me with friction.  He lifted me carefully and carried me into the living room.  He sat down with me in his lap.  I curled up to his chest as closely as I could.  My shaking wouldn't stop.

He slid my sleeve up on my sweatshirt and saw the almost fresh cut on my wrist.  "No more of this."  he said.

"I d-didn't.  I f-fell."

"Fine.  I don't want you to cut yourself as a form of self harm.  You will not harm yourself because of me and you will talk to me, understand?"

"Y-yes."  I said.  I pressed my face into his neck.  "Don't leave me please."  I sobbed.

"I'm right here.  I will never leave you, baby.  I love you so much."

"I love you."  he held me close.

Once my shaking stopped he let me up and took my hand leading me to the bathroom.  He turned on the water for a shower and helped me out of my still damp clothes.  He helped me in and undressed himself.  He got in.  The shower turned intimate and I didn't even care.