Chapter 34

---Miranda

Trent held my hand in his during the memorial service for Aleah and Melissa.  I pressed my face into his chest and he rubbed my back.

Two months later, Trent and I were officially married and were returning to the apartment following the honeymoon.  Trent tried his key and It wasn't working.  I grabbed the paper off the door and opened it.  "James got us kicked out."  I said showing him the paper.  He growled and grabbed our bags.  He put the duffel bags over his shoulder and carried the two suitcases in one hand.  His free hand resting at my back.  I walked with him to get the keys to our new place in the married couples' dorm.  The place building itself wasn't that bad.  He unlocked the door to the apartment and held it open for me.  The couch was tore up and dirty.  The cabinets were black with dirt and soot from a fire.

Trent set our stuff down and opened the door to the bedroom.  "Welcome to the dump."  Trent said throwing his keys on the table.

The first night at the new apartment, Trent moved the mattress on the bed and there was dark red stains on the mattress.  "I guess the last couple to live here murdered each other." I jumped hearing a slam in the hallway.  Trent locked the door and slid the chair in front of it.  He covered the couch with a  blanket and laid on the couch.  He held out his hand.  I took it and laid beside him.  He covered us with the blanket and kept his arms around me.

Morning came, I was sitting in class trying to concentrate.  Laura kept trying to talk to me.  "What?"

"I hope you and James feel accomplished."

"What are you talking about?"

"Trent owned the apartment before you two even moved in."

"James told me you two moved out."

"He got us evicted."  I said walking away.  I got back home.  Trent was still in class.  I locked the door and put a chain and a dead bolt on the door.

Around 4, the doorknob turned, I jumped.  "Mindy, let me in baby."  Trent said from the other side of the door.  I moved the chair and unlocked the deadbolt and the regular lock.  I opened the door.  He stepped in.  "Keeping out a bear?"  he asked.

"No."  he gave me a soft kiss.  He closed the door and locked it behind him.  "Me?"

"Now why would I do that?"  I asked him.  He smiled and kissed me again.  He pulled me close lifting me off the floor.  He laid me down on the blanket covered couch.

"Because I let this happen."  he said.

"What?"

"Let us get placed into this dump."  he said.

"It's not so bad when you're here."  I said accepting another kiss.  He tossed his shirt onto the floor pressing his face into my neck.  He pulled the blanket over us.

After an intimate afternoon or early evening, Trent arrived with dinner.  I let him in and he locked the door behind him.  I sat on the couch beside him and he grabbed the food out of the bag.  "Chinese?"  he asked.

"Yum."  he sat back and I leaned against his side.

"I'm going to fix up this dump."  he said.  "I would rather worship you in a comfortable non-disgusting place."