Chapter 2

---Leah

I was 3 months pregnant 4 months before the wedding. Nathan was taking excellent care of me and he was already buying stuff for our baby boy. I was sitting in his lap facing him after dinner. His arms resting around my waist, his forehead resting against mine. "I don't want you to go." I said.

"I know baby, but I have to."

"What happened to if you're pregnant you don't have to leave?"

"I can't carry a baby." he said making me smile.

"No, I mean, I thought if you're future wife or wife is pregnant you don't have to be drafted."

"I'm in the National Guard and duty calls. I'm sorry, baby." he said, "But I hope to be back in time to see the baby to be born and to hold him and you. I love you."

"I love you more."

We were at the bus stop, because he had to go to another airport and we didn't have a car. He held me as long as he could. My mom and dad stood aside. Nathan got on the bus and gave my hand one last squeeze just as the bus started to pull away. "Nate!"

"I love you baby." he said. I had to let go. He waved as the bus made it's turn out of sight.

At the house, I was laying on the couch watching TV with my mom. She was sitting in the recliner. "You can always move back home and stay with us until Nate comes back."

"He'll write to this address." I said.

"Then your mother and I will stay with you until the baby is born and even after if we need to."

"Nate's supposed to be back in time for the wedding." I said starting to cry. "What if he's not?"

"Then you can postpone." my mom said.

"I didn't want him to go in the first place mommy." I said.

"I know baby, but he has work to do and he wanted to stay, but couldn't."

Three months later, I was in the hospital with low blood sugar and dehydration. Baby Liam missed his daddy just as much as I did. The door opened and my mom came in. "Guess what?"

"Nate's coming home?"

"He'll be home by Friday."

"Or sooner." Nate said walking in.

"You said..."

"I'm all about surprise these days." he said revealing a bouquet of flowers he had hidden behind his back. He set them by my feet.

"It's a good thing your here. Leah's missed you like crazy and right now things just aren't going very well for her and the baby."

"I heard." Nate said, he sat down beside me. My mom fixed my blanket.

"I need to go give your dad an update. No funny business in the hospital." she said.

"I'll be good."

"You said that before and now you two are having a baby." she said jokingly. She was really happy that we were having a baby.

She left and Nate gave me a big hug being careful of my IV. I leaned my forehead against his. "I missed you so very much." he said pressing his face into my neck. I just started crying and when he took notice he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek and just held me.

"Nate..." I said sniffling.

"I'm here baby."

"Please tell me you don't have to go back."