Chapter 19

---Alyssa

Three months after the wedding, it was Mackenzie and Layla's first birthday.  I was in the kitchen making their cake.  Matt was sitting at the kitchen table wrapping their presents.  "So, what time are they returning from the zoo?"  Matt asked.

"3."  I said.

"How long will the cake take?"

"Matt, we don't have time."  I said.  He  groaned.  "You'll survive."

"I can't help it, you're irresistible.  I want more babies."  he said.  I laughed.

Before the party, I was in the garage getting the birthday banner Matt bought for the arrival of Mackenzie and Layla.  A hand clamped down over my mouth.  I struggled until I felt drowsy.

---Matt

I walked out to the garage and saw boxes were spilled.  "Alyssa?"  I saw a spot of blood and called her dad.

"Hello?"

"Dad, we have a problem.  Can you get Liam and drop the girls off there?"

"Yeah sure.  What is it?"

"Alyssa's missing."

I could not keep my calm any longer.  Thank God the girls were with Liam's wife and their grandma.  The pack was searching the grounds and the cops were asking questions.  Liam came running in with a bulky envelope in hand.  I took it and tore it open.  I put the CD in the DVD player and pushed play.  Alyssa appeared on the screen, she was biting down on a cloth that was tied behind her head.  Her hands strapped down with wire or cable ties.  She had a bloody nose and a gash on her forehead.  "At least she's still alive."  Her Uncle Brad said.

"For now."  I said.  I saw that paper taped to the front of her shirt.  www.alyssalucas.com

I pulled out my laptop and typed in the URL.  It was a 24/7 live streaming video of my wife.  The scarf was pulled from Alyssa's mouth.  A hand offered her water.  He threw it in her face.  She spit a mouthful in his face.  He smacked her hard.  "We have to find her soon.  She's sassy when she's mad and right now she's pissed.  Whoever has her won't let her last long."  I said.  I saw a gun.  She started apologizing.  The gun went off and she started crying for me.

Three days passed, my wolf was getting sick.  We received a lead about her location and we arrived.  I opened a door halfway.  She screamed into the cloth.  "Alyssa."  she saw me and shook her head fast.  She continued to scream.  Then I saw it.  The door was rigged with a gun.  I closed the door and saw an air vent on the wall.  I ripped the cover off and climbed through.  I knocked the other one off the wall and saw Alyssa's feet.  The smell of urine filled the room.  The door swung open and I knocked Alyssa over just as the gun went off.  I cut Alyssa free and carried her out of the burning building.

At home, I was giving my quiet wife a bath.  I pulled the plug on the tub and started to refill the water.  She pulled her wrist away from me when I lightly touched the cut from the cable ties.  "It's okay."  I whispered.  She looked at me.  "It's all right."  her bottom lip quivered as tears filled her eyes.