Signs.

Lately I've been seeing Chris and Camila everywhere, I mean everywhere possible. They were inseparable. Even the other workers noticed it.. well of course they did. They were soo nosey. I just shook my head at the conversations and did What I was suppose to. As long as Chris didn't bother me, I was good.

Suddenly he walked in to see what we all were working on. I paid him no mind and did my work.

"Melanie. I need those papers by 7. Don't leave unless it's finished." Camila stared at me and they both walked off.

"You think I should go black or pink?" Rachel said painting her nails.

"Who gives?!" Another girl said.

"I wanna look good for Mr. Brown bitch!"

The other girl shook her head and smirked. I don't know what the hell was going on with everybody on Chris' dick. He ain't shit and it was getting on my nerves. I wrapped up my work by 6:45 & grabbed my purse and clocked out for the day. I was tired but I had to pay these bills Dad left me. Smh.

When I got home I fell onto the living room couch and turned on the tv. Thank God today was finally over, I could enjoy some alone time for a minute. Sheesh!

I fixed myself on the couch and watched some cartoons for awhile until my doorbell rang. I checked my phone to see that it was 10:00. Who the hell was that knocking? I peeped out the window to see Valentina standing there talking to some nigga. What does this girl want? I told her I needed my me time.

"Hey..." I said opening my door to see Valentina and August standing there talking. What the hell was August doing here?

"Hey mama." V smiled. "I got a new neighbor!"

I rolled my eyes at her and smiled and waved at August. "Hey August."

He smiled and nodded at me.

"Wait..hold up. You know August?"

"Yes girl. I went to school with him."

She looked at August and he nodded his head.

"That's Cool then. I was just showing him around. He just moved into our neighborhood." She pushed past me and went inside.

"I knew there were new neighbors but I didn't know it was you." I said to August.

"Yeah." He scratched his head. "My cousin got some money from a scratch off and asked me and the fam to move in with him."

"That's what's up. These houses are kind of big around here."

"Yeah, he didn't know what to do with 7 rooms so shit I guess I got lucky." We both chuckled.

"That's a blessing." I cleared my throat. "You wanna come inside?" I asked.

He licked his lips "well uh, I need to finish getting this stuff of the truck in the a.m. so I gotta get some sleep you know.."

"I totally understand. I know how that is."

He nodded his head.

"I guess I'll see you later." I smiled.

"Fasho Fasho."

"Okay." I waved to him as he walked off. I closed the door and locked up forgetting about Valentna being here until she came up to me eating some cereal.

"Y'all soo cute." She smiled.

"Were you eavesdropping? "

She nodded.

"Girl you need to go home."

"I seen the way he was looking at you.."

"Stop Valentina." I walked off.