Long day..

Melanie

I was approximately ten minutes late for work, which was not good for Chris. I walked into the hotel and made my way to his office. Hopefully, I wouldn't get fired today.

"Melanie." He said stepping out his office as I came out the elevator. "Hi Chris." I rolled my eyes and persued his office. He chuckled and shook his head. "What's funny big head?" I asked folding my arms.

"You won't be doing office work right now."

"What do you mean?" I asked tapping my foot as I leaned against the wall.

"I have a meeting. Lets go." He waved me over and I shrugged and walked off with him.

We met Mr. Rosalin in the office with two other people.

"Mr. Brown, so nice to see you!" He called out.

"Mr. Rosalin!" He shook his hand.

"Melanie." He nodded at me and I smiled. We were all clearly putting on in front of the clients.

"Melanie? Where's Lauren?" One of the clients asked.

Mr. Rosalin cleared his throat. "She's on vacation at this time, but she will be back. I can guarantee you Mrs. Harper." She nodded and looked at me.

"Mr. Brown, how are you?" The man said wiping the shoulder of his suit.

"I'm well.. Mr. Harper."

"That's great! I heard you're the new guy in charge around here with Mr. Rosalin. I hear you are a phenomenal worker."

Chris smiled and fixed his tie. "I try to excel at everything I do."

"I know. All I hear is good stories. Maybe you should show me a little of your work and how you run things and I can get you a job at a higher position." He winked.

Chris smiled from ear to ear while Mr. Rosalin shook his head.

"Bill, Bill, always trying to take my good workers uh? Then who will I have?" He chuckled.

Mr. Harper smiled. "I guess no one." They both laughed hysterically.

"Lets get to the point here." Mrs. Harper said snapping everyone back into shape. "I need a master suite on the 18th floor over looking the pool and the city. I need a personal bathroom for myself. I also need..."

Mr. Rosalin smiled. "Go on.."

"Why isn't she writing this down?" She put her hands on her hips.

"Oh, I'm. . ."

"She was just about to pull out her tablet and set this up for you..." a stern look crossed Mr. Rosalin's face.

"If Lauren was here..." she would've wrote this down immediately. You know I..."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Harper, but Lauren is not here and Melanie is the next best in line so please forgive us. I'm sure she'll do a marvelous job. I can guarantee that."

Mrs. Harper rolled her eyes and finally nodded in agreement. "But if she doesn't then I'll just leave and take my business elsewhere." She.huffed.

Two hours later

I made sure the Harper's had a room just like they had asked for and that it was nice and clean. I checked my checklist and signed the bottom and made my way to Chris' office.

When I arrived, I saw a familiar face come out the room giggling. Smh.

"Here's the list, I'm going on my lunch break." I said putting the clipboard on Chris' desk.