Chapter One The Trial

Looking around me I see the Archangels arranged in a semicircle in front of me.  Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel are on my left; with Michael in the center; leaving Raguel, Remiel and Saraqael on my right.  As I listen to them decide my curse I can't help but feel sorry for myself.  I only wanted revenge for the desecration of my Fathers creation, and the attack on myself.  "Wasn't that my job as a Guardian?  To protect Mundanes and to make sure they obeyed Gods will?  Doesn't the Holy Text say that our God is vengeful?  So why can't I be?"  As these thoughts run through my head I can see the Banishers in range get confused looks on their faces, confirming to me that my point was correct.  "If they want to banish me for doing as God would, then they are in the wrong, not I." 

"Vladimir." Says Michael.

"Yes?"  I say with no small amount of trepidation.

"We have decided to curse you.  With this curse you shall never be able to kill a human until you have loved one, you shall never be able to control their minds until you can sympathize with them, and you shall never step foot into heaven again.  Forthwith, I Michael, Son of God, banish you from Heaven.  Curse givers, you may proceed."  Michael finishes his speech and gives the okay for my punishment.  I know that this will hurt, and I'll be cast out directly after I'm cursed.  I just can't bring myself to care anymore. 

"Stand Vladimir, and brace yourself for the cursing."  Says one of the lower level Curse Givers.

"Do your worst." I say just as the first torrents of pain hit.