Chapter Eleven Sacrifice

Waking up I feel a familiar yet odd weight on my chest. Looking down to find the source of this problem I meet a sight that I happened upon not a single day ago. However, this time there was one difference. Instead of worn pants on the legs of this angelic beauty I see nothing but the very edge of a sheet covering her feet. Reaching my right hand down I place it upon Snow's back. Rubbing down till I reach the base of her spine and back again. I continue to do this for nearly an hour, until I hear a slight moan, and know my Fallen lover is awake.

"Good morning love." She says.

"Good morning beautiful."

"How did you sleep?"

"Better than I have in two hundred years."

"You always did sleep better when I was in your arms, and you slept even better than that after we made love. Like last night."

With a slight blush I reply
"Your just all energy at night, I can only hope to match it."

Smiling she lifts her head to mine and kisses me. Full of passion this kiss quickly escalates to something similar to last night.

Three hours later

Standing outside of my home I feel a feminine pair of arms wrap around my waits. Turning in her lose grip I wrap my arms around Snow. Looking into her eyes I see the love she holds for me, but also an underlining hint of sadness.

"What wrong Snow? I see you are sad, did I do something?"

"No Vladimir, you did nothing wrong. I was just thinking about why I fell."

"You never told me why, but you don't have to unless you want to."

"I know Vlad, but you need to know. So you'll understand what I do next."

"What do you mean what you do next, your not leaving are you?"

"No love, I will love you forever. It's you that will be leaving me." She says sadly.

"What! I would never leave you willingly. You know that." I say rather angerly.

"I do know, but you need to listen. Just clam down and you'll understand."

"Fine. But I don't want to even think about living without you again."

"Okay, but swear to me that you will listen to my whole story. That you will try to see from my point of view."

"I swear."

"Good. I'll start when you were cast out, then I'll go until I myself fell."

"Okay, I'll be silent."

"When you fell I was distraught and outraged that I had lost you. I immediately went to the archangels to see if you would be reinstated, but they wouldn't allow it. They did however reassure me that another angel had fallen with you, so you wouldn't be alone." She pauses to make sure I'm listening.

"His name was Xander, he betrayed me. Killing one of your human doppelgängers I fell in love with.  I cursed him and trapped him in a bag of his own flesh."

"Fitting I guess."  Obviously not upset I found love again.  "Well after I was told that I went to the archives and found out which spells they used to curse you and cast you out. Thinking you were only cast out by a lower level angel I figured I could reverse it all and bring you back. In the archives I read the spell and the name marked as the caster. If you don't remember who it was I'm sure this will come to a shock to you."

"I don't remember."

"Gabriel, he cast you out himself."

"You mean I commit a little crime like that and and archangel decided to do the dead himself. I'm not really surprised."

"Good, then I can move on. So after I knew the spell and the power of the caster I figured out the counter spell and to my dismay, the counter could only be cast by another archangel. I was depressed to say the least, but then half a century later I learned that you could be promoted to archangel. I spent the next twenty-five years bettering myself to get to that level. During all this I still looked down and watched over you."

"I'm glad you were watching it makes me feel better."

Ignoring my comment for now she continued "When I achieved the rank of archangel I began to gather the supplies for the reversal of your curse, then the reinstating of you into an angel again." She pauses. "When I finally had all the ingredients I began the first reversal spell. The spell was complicated so it took me a long time. Somewhere in the middle Gabriel came looking for me. When he found me I had just passed the half way point in the spell. He grabbed me by my hair and slung me around, ripping free from his grasp I grabbed a nearby knife and stabbed him in the arm. His blood landed in the pentagram I had drawn. His blood messed with the spell somehow, I found out it lifted your curse part ways. Now you can only manipulate a Mundanes, but not kill them.  However, since you fell in love with one the other half of the curse was lifted as well."

"For my crime I was cast out and cursed to die if I ever told you that you had your powers back. Although it was worth it, because I get to tell you and have a happy moment as my last. I love you, it was worth the sacrifice." With that my heavenly love died, still smiling, in my arms.