Chapter Three A Little Light After All

I feel like I'm still falling, but I can feel sand on my bare stomach. I guess I am on a beach by the ocean because I can feel the salt in my burns.

Wincing, I get up not yet opening my eyes and do an inventory on my body. Wings, intact; ribs, one broken; arms, both seem functional as that is how I'm checking my body; wrist, right one is sprain but left is okay; ankles, both sprain; legs, right is broken at the shin but left is good condition. It seems to me that I landed on my right side, face down. Thank Fate for the fortune of not falling on my wings. I know I must get up, before tide sets in.  Stumbling onto my right side I put my left leg under me, standing up and looking around at last. 

Turning left I see a set of black wings hiding what must be another fallen angel, or Fallen for short, knowing this new Fallen and myself were the last Fallen to ever be created or turned after Azazel and his group of Fallen, later turned Princes and Knights of Hell. 

Inching myself forward I start to make out more distinct features on this males face. His hair is black to my fair blond, we have slightly different builds, his athletic build to my swimmers, he may be and inch or so shorter than I am, his wings are white with blood red tips to my dark grey with bright silver tips, and his eyes are a deep blue whilst my are glacier grey.

Realizing he is conscious while I inspect him I figure the only reason he hadn't spoken yet was because he was doing the same as I was. A comparison, not only of the other Fallen, but of the warrior that we may have to face in the other being before us. 

Deciding to try and talk to this new, hopefully, friend.  Kneeling I reach my hand down, offering it to him.  Looking dazed the Fallen stands up with the help of my outstretched limb, confirming my earlier assumption that he was an inch or so shorter than I.  He looks at me closer and puts his right hand over his left breast, bowing to me, signaling he is a warrior and that he recognizes me as one as well.

Knowing that it's safe now, and that I should give the mysterious male a break I speak up.
"Greetings brother, I am sorry we had to meet like this, in such a poor state under such poor situation.  My name is Vladamir, I am just as you are. A Fallen, tho it seems that you are fit and unscathed, unlike myself, so if you are willing I believe it is best for us to stick together until we are both strong and accustomed to this place.  At least until I am fixed and we are better prepared to defend ourselves?" I inquired upon my Fallen brother.

"Yes." He croaks, then clears his throat.  "Yes, that sounds like a good idea. However, I do believe that we might have a problem right now." He replies in a voice only an octave or so higher than mine.

"And what might that be?"

"My magic was depleted in protecting myself, can you help me regain some of it?"

"Yes, of course.  I have my magic still, since it is connected to my wings, and I so foolishly forgot to even protect myself even a little with it.  I will, I just wish I could heal my own body."  I inform the Fallen.

"Thank you brother. My name is Xander, and if you wish it, after we are healed we can still stick together, and I mean we, once I have magic I will heal you. If we stick together we don't have to lie about who and what we are at all times, and can have a little peace knowing that it was all real. Not just a dream, as I fear it will seam like if we are alone for the eons that our life spans include."

"Yes, a thousand times yes. Thank you Xander, you jut brought me happiness in this terrible time." I eagerly reply, just as the sun peaks out over the horizon.