Chapter Sixteen Playing God

"P...p..please don't k..kill us. We w..were just following orders."

"I'm sorry, but there are six of you. I only need five." I say as I grab the man and rip his throat out, making the remaining Romans drop their weapons.

"Good job Vlad. I never thought you would kill that sniveling coward. He talked far to much." Says Xander as he walks up behind me.

"Yes, I know. So why again did you want five of these legionnaires left alive?" I ask him once he is even with me.

"Because, while I was in my own personal prison I had time to think. I remembered an angel that could create new species out of humans. The only drawback was the when the creature was created, you had to supply them fresh blood. Human blood, which is good for us, seeing your slaughter and the willing sacrifices left before us."

"So you want to play God? I'm good with that, but why only five legionaries, and not six?"

"Yes, I do actually. The reason for five is because I saw a girl following us a while back, which means she should be here within the next couple of hours. By then we can have two races created already."

"Well that makes sense. I just have to ask, will I get to make a race?"

"Yes, of course. I'll make one, then we make one together. That will give you time to learn the technique."

"Very well, shall we get started then?"