Chapter Seventeen Children

Turns out, making a race wasn't that hard.

Xander made his race, a mix between humans and dire wolves. This made them have different body features amongst their race, letting them blend in to humans. Also, it helped in making them able to shift at will, the rest was due to Xander casting a few spells. In his little speed weave, he made sure do add in certain precautions, among other things, preventing his creations from ever turning on Xander or myself. When he was done with these he cast a last spell, preventing the first of his race from aging.

The race we made together was a bit more sinister. We decided that the world was without a large evil to combat the angels, therefor it needed a great enemy. That led us to make the Faultless. This race was not intelligent by any means. They were large, nearly seven feet tall, with dark black hair, black eyes, and a high birthrate. Why make such a race you may ask. Well, it's simply really. The only thing besides an angel or demon that can kill angels besides themselves or a demon, is a Shade. Shades are masses of dark spirits sharing the same vessel. The larger the vessel, the more spirits it can hold. Hence the giant and brutish nature of the Faultless. They have no souls so they are prime choice for turning to Shades. Sure, making a race of peoples who can kill you seems idiotic, however Xander and I combined our magic and put a spell on the first of their race. This spell prevents that vessel from ever harming either of us in anyway possible. We also added another spell to fuse the previous spell with the races genes, so all Faultless will never be able to harm Xander or I.

My race was different than the others. Not intended to be encountered on a seldom basis. I intended them for a supernatural police force. Which is why I called them Priest, just like the clergies supposed enforcers.

My Priests had the widest range of abilities in their natural form. The half breeds don't have any kind of power in their human form except for telecommunication. Faultless of course don't have anything special until they are taken over by Shades. Priests have telekenisis, telecommunication, super senses, making their faces angled and their ears pointed, although above all else great strength and speed. I intended them to be my police force, hunting and killing those Shades, Half-Breeds, and even other Priest who break the laws Xander and I set for them. Among their other gifts I also gave them a special ability, an interplanetary tracking device so to speak. This device was in the shape of a mark, the mark of Xander and myself. Every Grey race, as we called them, would be born with this mark, removal of this mark would be a death sentence, and every being with this mark would be trackable by a fully trained Priest as well as both Xander and myself.

Once Xander had his race created the soldier that was fortunate enough to be the first of the Lycans, as Xander called them, was so thirsty for blood that the live legionnaire beside him stood little to no chance against the blind hunger of the new-bred pup.

The race we created together was easier to do. We each spoke our wishes for this race, making a mix resulting in the creation of the Faultless. Who was, needless to say beseeched by blood lust and with his greater strength tore apart his former comrade to get at the crimson delicacy.

By this time the female was close enough to for Xander and myself to sense her presence. Hiding our new creations in an old shack Xander found nearby we take to the air in search of my new Priest.

Climbing higher than the birds we soar for little more than a mile back the way we came, due that once we backtracked around a mile Xander spotted the little dot that signaled a human below us.

"Look, there is your new child. Not by blood, but by creation. It's time you became a full fledged god." Xander tells me as we begin the descent to my soon to be Priest.