Chapter Seven Dreams

Screaming, such loud screams. So filled with pain and hate I don't think the person making them knows anything else. But I know that person, Vladimir, my brother, the only other fallen on this God forsaken planet. The only person who truly cares for me. But why is he screaming? Wait, he's holding something. A girl, beautiful beyond compare, yet marred by blood and a broken spear shaft in her belly. Soft dark caramel colored skin, pouty red lips over a delicate chin, dark brown nearly black hair framing a face that not even Angels can compete with. That's as far as I got in my study of such a stunning beauty before rage filled eyes landed on me.

Normally I wouldn't be scared, but with the hate not lessening but growing, I find all my courage leaving me.

"You!" My brother screams. "You did this to her! You did this to me! Jealousy killed her! You killed her! And if it's the last thing I do I'm going to make you feel the pain I do!"

That's the last thing I hear before unimaginable pain hits me, then a sudden emptiness settles inside of me. Making me lose all comfort in my life.

And then I wake up. Throwing off my blanket and grabbing my spear I rush through the kitchen to Vlad's room. To make sure he is okay, and to apologize to him for getting angry the day before.

Opening the door I walk in and set flame to the candle on his table. Turning to the bed I see long brown nearly black locks of hair splayed out around Vladimir. "Wait? His hair isn't brown, and he isn't that big. So who is with him?"

Throwing back the sheets I see Vladimir wrapped around Klee, the girl from before, and the girl from my dream that was now forgotten to me.

Rage engulfs me, destroying any part of my rational side I have left. "VLADIMIR! Get your ass up, and get that bitch out of our house! I told you I didn't want to see her!" I scream in rage, whilst hitting him on the back with the shaft of my spear.

"What the hell!" He says as he gets up and catches my spear. Whilst gently laying a now awake and fearful Klee on the bed.

"I told you not to bring her here, take her outside! Now! Or I'll do it!" I say as I head outside to the small creek running through our clearing. Waiting on them to come to me I harden my resolve about what I am going to do. "I can't let her take him, he is all I have. If I have to kill her myself, then so be it."