Chapter Four Finding Home

Xander and I began to set out on journey to find a good place for permanent residence. We both took to the sky, looking for a clear patch of land surrounded by trees, hills, and good sources of both food and water. 

I head east along the coast whilst he heads west. We both agreed to search inland if we found promising conditions. Such as a stream for us to have water and a well stocked animal herds around.

After a few hours of searching I come upon a small clearing surrounded by hardwood trees and thick underbrush. A small stream was cutting down through one corner.  The large hardwood trees would make good walls for a primitive dwelling we will have to deal with for a few more thousand years.  Deciding it would be a good place to start I rush back to find Xander.

Flying as fast I my wings can take me I get to my starting point of our search. Upon arriving I call out for Xander.  I don't hear a reply so I figure I will just wait on the beach. 

Just as my feet touch the ground I feel an arm wrap around my neck. Not to tight, but just tight enough that I know I can't get free.
Only when I relax do I start to hear a soft laughter from my captor, full of warmth and kindness, and the pressure holding me releases.

Turning around I see Xander standing there, hands on his hips, laughing at my temporary peril.

"Ass."

"Come Vladimir, you know it's hilarious."

"Funny maybe, but I'd never go as far to say hilarious. However, that is beside the point, I found a good spot for our dwelling.  Just follow me and we should be there in a hour or so."  I tell my fallen friend as I lay my arm on his shoulder.  "Oh, and Xander."  I prompt which causes him to turn towards me putting himself in a very vulnerable position. 

Taking the Fallen by his arms I sling him into the water well over half a mile away. 

"THAT is what I call hilarious." I say as I fly up and fly to our new home, leading a now wet and grouchy fallen.