Chapter Twelve The lost and The Found

I burned Snow on a cliff not to far from my home. She would have loved the view. As the sweet sent drifted away I realized I was alone again. With no one to love, or be loved by.

Lost in despair at the idea of being alone for another hundred years I head back to the one place I thought I would never see again.

Walking in the woods I come to an area that held great happiness for me once. Now, it only holds despair. I gaze upon an unmarked grave. None others know of this grave, I seem to never be able to forget it.

"Goodbye Klee, it's taken me a hundred haunted years, I'm finally going to forgive him. Even tho he may not have forgiven me. I love you. You made me happy for the short time I was with you. Thank you."

Turning away from the patch of grass I walk away, letting my memory fade of her atlast.

As I near the clearing that our little home used to occupy I realize that I am being followed. Since my wings are hidden I realize they must think I'm just another human, just walking aimlessly through the woods.

Reaching the exact spot I lost all that I held dear, I stop. Sinking to my knees I begin clawing at the dirt. Going down, deep into the dirt, I feel a sudden hardness. Nearly a foot down into the ground I feel the toughness of metal. grabbing the once proud weapon I tug up with all my strength. Ripping the metal out of the ground by the hilt, the three foot long sword was finally released from its earthen sheath. I lay my twisted, rusty, prize down at my feet. I notice that while I have been digging my mystery person has grown bold and moved closer.

"I wonder who is idiotic enough to get this close to a male of my size without even the slightest trace of fear."

That's what bothers me most of all, the lack of fear. I know it shouldn't unsettle me this much, but if this person was going to try and harm me I would have to kill them. I do not wish to kill today. Far to much death had surrounded me already in the last week. I lost the one person who knew me, and still cared for me.

Turning around, deciding to get it over with, I leave the sword behind me so as to avoid provocation, and see the last person I thought would ever grace my sight willingly within the next thousand years.

Choking on my words I barely force out a single word.

"X..Xander? "