Chapter Nine The last One Standing

"Shit!" I curse loudly. "If I wasn't so stupid things like this would never happen. I should have just left her in the forest." I think to myself, but even that thought causes me pain inside. "I guess I'll just have to deal with him now. I can't let him take her away, not now, not ever." I say with a sigh, and then with as much steal as I can force into my thoughts.

"Let's go Vlad, we need to do this before he gets even more angry." Klee prompts me.

"Fine, least go." I say as I lead her out to my enraged brother.

O0o~<}•{>~o0O

"Stay here Klee. Let me deal with this."

"No, we are in this together."

"Fine, but if I say run. You run, got it?"

"Alright Vladimir."

"So brother, what is it you want?" I say as Klee and I stop not ten feet from him. With Klee on my left and Xander directly in front of me.

"I want to know how long that Mundane in staying here." Xander says in a deathly whisper.

"Till I build her and myself a home, then we will move off. However, I will still visit you from time to time." I say in a calm voice

"That's what I was worried about." Came his solemn reply as he turned and threw his spear in my direction.

Initially I think about trying to knock the spear aside but I realize I won't be able to, and dive to my right, pulling Klee with me. Landing I look behind more for the spear, only it's not there. When that realization hits I hear Klee groan in pain. Looking down I see the spear in her gut, and her precious lifeblood pooling around her wound and seeping out her mouth. I break of the spear and put both my arms under her while I kneel and cradle her to my chest.

Letting out a cry of pure lose and rage I forget everything except revenge. Revenge on those who wronged me and mine. Just like those foolish Mundanes oh so long ago.

Searching around I look for the one who hurt my love. The one who took my precious Klee away from me. Then my eyes land on the one who did it, the one who killed her. The one who took away everything from me.

"You!" I say in pure rage.  "You did this to her! You did this to me! Jealousy killed her! You killed her! And if it's the last thing I do I'm going to make you feel the pain I do!"  That's the last thing I remember before I attack my once brother. 

_'-~{>•<}~-'_

"Why?" He wheezes out.  " I loved you, and you barely knew her." 

"She loved me too, the only difference is I loved her more."  I say, just as I cut the last pice of skin off his body, leaving only his face intact. 

Looking down I see all the blood I spilt, the red liquid soaking into the earth.  The little feathers disconnected from the wing, which now lay a few feet away from the comatose body of my former friend.  Deciding I should punish him, but give him a chance for redemption, as I believe Klee would have wanted.  I devise a plan on how to to achieve both goals. 

                              _-~{>•<}~-_

Flying through the air I carry my new bag with me, heading to a cave I found deep within the earth.  Landing inside the cave I walk all the way to the back, taking over seven hours to reach the back.  Once there I set the bag down, grab the pair of wings and stitch them into the bag.  Tying it up with naturally growing vines I dangle it directly in between an already large stalagmite and stalactite.  Hope that over the years the vines with get larger and the stalagmite and stalactite will become one and cover the bag and it's sole occupant.  Looking at the bag of Fallen skin with a beautiful, yet ragged looking set of wings attached I say my farewells.  Then I begin to chant, fulfilling the second half of Xander's punishment.  Giving him a way out. 

"I know you can hear me brother.  Unless you repent your actions, swear to follow me, and to never harm me again you will never step foot out of this cave.  You have a minimum of three hundred years in this place.  Goodbye brother, I hope to see you again."  With that I take a couple steps back and begin to chant. 

Sanguinis fratris audite vocem meam; Derelinquetis gloriam vestram dolor et sequatur me jurare animam tuam paenitentiam in perpetuum tueri me et meos.

As the last syllable leaves my mouth I turn and walk out of the cave, praying to an unhearing God that my brother would do as I hoped.