Chapter Fourteen Searching

Three years past in the blink of an eye. Xander and I both have our own house. They are side by side, but instead of Rome, Xander decided that we should find a place to be who we are. With only us and those we invite into our home. When I agreed to this two years before I figured we would make a castle somewhere and have our own little piece of paridise. A year passed and Xander had not found a place for our new home. One day however, Xander told me of an entire continent that only has primitive humans within it's boundaries, who can't even read or write yet.

Setting out to find this new haven Xander and I head east. We stop at the cost of the known world. Looking to each other we decide to check the other for anything that will make the flight longer than it already will have to be.

Standing behind Xander I look at his dark black wings, stained by his hatred and time
in-prisoned. His feathers are slightly frayed and fluffed due to the already long flight we have had.

Grabbing a single feather at a time I smooth them out, making sure each is slick and ready for flight. Then taking the joints of his wings I massage them, loosening them up so he will have an easier ride across the vast ocean.

Turning on around as he does the same to my wings I see a strange sight. One that I hoped I would never see.

"Xander."

"Hmm?"

"Look up."

With a sharp intake of breath he lets out a curse.

"Xander, you know we could just ask if they will leave us alone."

"Yes, why don't you go ask that Vlad.
Please, Roman legionaries who don't like Christian things. Especially Christian angels or Gods. Don't try to harm us. We are only but two immensely powerful angels, and you are over three legions. Please don't hurt us." He says in words dripping sarcasm.

"I will actually." I say rather indignitly.

"Ass."

"Dick."

He grabs my arm and looks me in the eye after I say that.

"Don't get killed, they may have some blessed weapon. Be careful."

"I always am."