Landing in Thailand

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Are you mad at me?" I say in a sweet little sister voice. He shakes his head and concentrates on the ocean. "I know you won't forgive dad. I haven't either. It's not that easy Chris." He stays silent and so do I. I look at the ocean and listen to the waves crashing. I look up at the moon shining way up in the sky.

"He really loved Sasha?" Chris asks out the blue.

"Yeah. You should've seen them when they saw each other some weeks ago for the first time after many months." I say and I bow down. The memory makes me emotional.

"Come here." Chris says hugging me really tight when he sees my quiet expression, yet emotional. "I can't believe she's gone." We hug each other for a very long time. This is the affection I been craving from him. That's my bro.

"I'm sorry. For calling you so many bad words today." I say and he laughs a bit.

"I deserved them. I should have just put my feelings away and just went with you." I nod.

"It was hard Chris. Telling him that Sasha was dead. He started crying, like actually crying. He got mad at first when I told him Ralph tried to kill me.." I shake my head when I say that name. I hate him so much.

"I don't know what I would have done if Ralph..you know." I look up at him. He has a furious look on his face, just like Deckard. I've never really noticed how much they act alike. Do I act like that too? "I think I would have blown his ass to pieces." Chris finfishes and I understand him. Im his only family, I would've done the same if it was him who Ralph wanted to kill. I change the subject though and I ask him what we are going to do now that we are here in Thailand.

"Tomorrow we will go down to that hospital that made the records we found that day in Ralph's closet." Chris says and I nod. "We will ask to talk to whoever made them. We will give them money if we have to...We will get answers, tomorrow." I turn my gaze from him to the dark ocean. I then ask him for something that I been dreaming for years.

"Can we go to that hill the accident happened." I ask and he looks at me confused. "There was never a funeral service or anything. There is not a tomb to whom  I can leave flowers to...I need to go that hill Chris." I say and he stays silent. I hope he understands how important this is to me. After a few moments, he responds.

"We will go that hill. I have a file that has a newspaper of that day in where it names the hill." Chris says nodding.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I was going to tell you many years ago. In fact, I wanted to come here with you and visit the site..but-" Chris starts to say and I listen tentatively. "I was a coward. I guess I still am."

"Chris you are not-"

"Yes I am!" Chris reprimands and shakes his head. He walks away from my side. "Im a fucken coward. I dropped out of boot camp for god's sake. I never stood up to Deckard like I should have for all the fucken times he would leave us. I never protected you Rosie. I let him take you to boarding school."

"Chris-." I say my voice cracking. It's like I'm talking to a whole different person, but then again I know how he gets.

"I would drink. I would smoke. Racing was my hobby. I left you to suffer. I left with Ralph...Don't you see how cowardly my actions were?"

I stay silent for a while. I never realized how affected Chris was. Aside from being this energetic person, there was this side of him, the sensitive side."But did you leave me when I asked you to help me escape boarding school? Did you hang up when I called you like every night after a bad dream?" He shakes his head and I slowly walk to be next to him again. I hug him. from the side "Whatever happened had to happen because we are here, in Thailand...Chris we are a step closer to finding what happened to Mom."

"I'm sorry Rosie." Chris says hugging me back. We have always been like this, we fight, but at the end, this is someone I would risk everything for.

"You needed help Chris and you never asked for it. This is why now you are regretting so much." I hold him tight. "But you are not late . Because I forgive you for everything, I just want you to forgive yourself. I never looked at you with hate or resentment, you were the only person who I called family."

"I love you Rosie." Chris says. "I promise you, I won't be that coward I was anymore. I will be the big brother you need."

"I love you more Chris but you say this all the time." I say laughing and her gives me a little push to the side.

I then see Alice coming out from her room. "I heard you screaming Chris. Everything good?"

"Yeah. Never been better." Chris says calmly. Alice pulls this cheesy smile.

"I heard everything actually. Melvin, Sean come out." Alice says and Melvin and Sean come out the same room, one after the other. I shake my head, these little eavesdroppers.

"I'm proud of you baby." Alice says walking up to Chris and giving him a hug. Chris swings her around. They be showing too much sometimes.

"Oh man. Here come the tears." Melvin says closing in for a group hug. I look at Sean and we decide to join the hug as well.

And there we stand, hugging each other like the family we are. A month ago, we were a bunch of strangers pretty much, and now, we stand closer than ever. We never exclude all the others that have walked and fought with us though, they as well are our family. Even Simmons, who we give the most trouble to as well.

"Okay lets get this all started, I heard the Asian babes are waiting for me." Melvin says breaking away from the hug and we all look at him with that 'Yep, that's Melvin' look.