Gone-13

Alex's p.o.v.

"Oh my god, honey are you ok?" the woman asked. I couldn't speak. "Can you stand up?" she asked. I got up and looked down at the floor. She wrapped something around me and I noticed it was a jacket.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

"No problem. Let's get you somewhere safe," she said. I followed her and she leaned against what I think was her car. "Can I take you home?" she asked. My eyes widen and I shook my head. Nick would brag that he was right and I just didn't want to see him.

"No! I don't want to go back. That's why I'm here. I ran out and here I am," I bit my lip. She sighed and opened the passenger seat.

"I won't make you go back if you don't want to," she smiled softly. I got in and she got in the drivers seat. Her face was familiar but I didn't remember where I might've seen her.

She had a slim pale face. Her lips were a perfect size. Her green eyes shined. She had soft brown hair. It was wavy and fell over her shoulders. Tall and just the perfect weight. I saw no flaws in her. Perfection. That's when I realized who she was.

"We're here," she announced. She got out and opened the door for me.

"This is huge," I said in shock. I always thought my house was huge but this was a luxury. About twice the size of mine and I felt intimidated. She giggled and opened the door.

"Don't be scared. C'mon in," she said as I was still standing outside. I walked in and saw an even better sight. The walls were a smooth nice white with large windows placed evenly around the walls. A long staircase gave the kitchen and living room a bit of a separation. "Like it?' she asked.

"Very. It's so beautiful. You actually live here?" I asked in awe.

"Yeah, here let me give you some clothes," she motioned me upstairs and I followed. I forgot I was just in my bra, jeans, and her jacket covering. She led me in a girls room. It wasn't hers. She had another daughter. Two.

"How many kids do you have?" I asked curiously. As she looked for clothes she answered.

"I have 4 kids," she gave me some clothes.

"That live here?" I asked to clarify. Did she forget me and Nick?

"Ah no. I lost contact with my first two born children. Nick and Alex. I only have 2 daughters living here and -" she got cut off.

"Andrea! I'm back," someone came upstairs.

"Hey sweetie," she smiled at him. I turned.

"Johnnie?" There the black haired boy was standing.

"Alex? What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"You two know each other?" Andrea asked us.

"We go to the same school," Johnnie answered for me.

"I think I should get going," I said standing up.

"Wait, change first and I'll drive you home," Andrea said. I nodded and walked past Johnnie to the restroom.

I closed the door and leaned against it. That's my mom. I found her. I smiled and dressed. Oddly, I was glad I ran off because she found me.

"I'm ready," I said.

"Lets go," she smiled and we walked out to her car.

"Thank you so much," I smiled as she stopped at my house.

"No problem sweetie. Be safe next time," she said. I got out and went up to the door.

"What happened?" Maria asked as I walked in.

"Why?" I asked turning to her. She was holding my ripped shirt.

"I got attacked and someone found me," I shrugged.

"Alex, you have to stop," she said.

"Stop what?" I asked. I was clueless of what she meant.

"You have been so close to rape 2 times all because you think it's ok to leave. Where did you really go this morning?" She asked angrily.

"Fine, you want the truth? I was out sleeping with some guy," I shrugged and slowly went upstairs.

"You're only 16! Alex you could get pregnant," she yelled.

"Says the one who got pregnant at 15. Leave me alone," I slammed my bedroom door.

~

I'm done ~Maria

I threw the note on the floor and banged on Nick's door.

"Open up!" I yelled.

"I'm coming!" He yelled back.

"She left. Maria left us all alone. She's gone!" I yelled pacing around in his room.

"What?" he asked confused.

"The note in my room!" I angrily yelled. How could she?

"Don't freak out," he sighed and sat me down.

"I'm only 16. You're 17. All our life we have had everything done for us. We can't take care of ourselves," I cried.

"Shut up! You're stressing me out. Fuck, we also have school and it's too far to walk," he sighed as he looked at the clock.

"I found mom," I told him quietly. He stopped pacing and looked at me.

"What?" he asked.

"I found our mom," I looked up at him.

"It's not times for jokes Alex," he puffed and continued his pace.

"I'm not!" I defended myself. I ran downstairs and picked up the phone.

"What do you think you're doing?" Nick asked running downstairs.

"I don't know! Calling someone, anyone," I put down the phone. There was a knock on the door. "I didn't call them!" I defended as Nick gave me a look. I went and opened the door.

"Alex, is your mother here?" Police.

"Maria? Uh Nick!" I called for him.

"How can I help you sir?" Nick asked.

"Is Maria here?" he repeated.

"No," I answered.

"Can I come in?" he asked. I opened the door wider and closed it behind him. "Nick, you're going to have to show yourself at court today. Rape is a serious thing and we have to make sure Dave goes to jail if this isn't false accusations," he explained sitting down.

"We have no lawyer," Nick said.

"Which is why we have provided you with one. You and Alex will prove your case of everything that has been said and the Lawyer is informed. You two won't be separated.

"Maria is gone," I informed nervously. "She left the house, please don't separate us!" I regretted and pleaded.

"We found no information in our database for your birth mother," the officer said. I found her. "That's separate but lets focus on this first," he sighed.

"Do we go now?" Nick asked.

"If you guys can get ready then I can take you over there," he said.

"We'll be quick," I ran upstairs and locked the door in my room. I undressed and looked for clothes. I forgot court was today. Makeup didn't seem like a good idea since I was going to eat up teary eyed.

I wasn't prepared for this.