Mom-3

Alex's p.o.v.

I opened a drawer and stared at the clothes inside. I reached down to the clothes on the bottom and took out a shirt. A normal white shirt with paint splattered on it. It was a beautiful mess. Paint, and hair dye stains. It was my moms and I kept it after my dad sold all her clothes. I had bought some of it that was still available. Just because she died didn't mean I shouldn't have a piece of her. I unwrapped the towel on my head and let it fall. The shirt fit loosely.

My mom always told me that this shirt was her creative shirt. Before marrying my dad, she was in love with a painter. They took the best vacations and he gave her this basic shirt for her to be free in. It was his and she kept it and started following his creativity. One painting was worth hundreds, then they became one of a kind and cost more. She was well known.

The day viewing her art in a museum changed everything. She met the person I now call dad and she left her true love. The painter. He was gone from her life because she fell blindly in love. My father took her away from happiness and they made me and my brother. She wasn't the same she told me. It wasn't us she regretted but it was my father.

I was young and I heard yelling everyday. One day it went too far and my mom ended up in the hospital. He had hurt her so bad she got in a coma. Nothing was available for the doctors to do. I went in to see her once and I never wanted to leave her. I had to because my father pulled me out. I didn't hear much. Only that she died my father told me. She was my happiness. Gone.

She kept this shirt even after leaving her love. Even if my father stopped her from painting she still didn't want to be normal. She dyed her hair and loved being unique. She fit everything and everyone loved her. No judgement because she was amazing.

The main color on this shirt was blue. She told me blue didn't have to be a sad color. Blue was a clear blue sky. It was the birds flying in peace. Her hair was her own. No one could stop her from doing what she wanted. Colors were amazing to her. Even if she couldn't paint, she would show art on herself. Colors in her hair, colors on her arm. The smallest amount of pain from a few needles didn't bother her. As long as she went through each day smiling and proud.

"Can I come in?" I jumped and came back to reality. It was my brother.

"Just a minute," I said. I finished changing and unlocked my door. The door creaked  open and Nick walked in. He looked at the shirt and gave a soft smile. He lifted his hand up and used his thumb to wipe away tears I had running. The memories of her always made me tear up.

"Don't cry, you've been crying too much today," he sighed. He had heard. I sighed and hugged him. No matter the stupid decisions he makes, I can always count on him.

"More like over the past 8 years," I whispered. He gave a small kiss on top of my head and let me go. He lead me to the bed and I sat down. He sat next to me and I rested my head on his shoulders.

"Don't mind him Alex. Just remember, once I'm old enough, I'll take you with me to my own house," he reassured me.

"Why would you have your little sister with you at you and your future girlfriends house. Do you not wanna get some?" I joked. He chuckled and softly pushed me.

"You'll still be in school and that's enough time," he laughed. I shook my head and smiled.

"I miss mom," I sighed letting sadness consume me again. He sighed and rubbed my arm softly.

"Me too, but we have to be patient. It was 8 years ago. I'm not going to tell you to move on from it tough because it was hard for me too. All I'm asking is that you stay patient. You won't live in this hell forever," he said. He got up and sighed. I looked up at him and nodded.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too baby sis," he smiled. He walked out and that left me alone again. I always hang on to the hope of leaving and going on to find happiness. I lay back and looked up at my ceiling. One day.

Next day

I got out of the car and to my luck my English teacher was walking near us.

"Mr. Sykes!" I called out. He turned on his heel and smiled at me. He walked towards us and my dad coughed.

"Hi, I'm Alex's dad. Did you want her to stay after school today?" my dad asked. The teacher nodded and looked at me.

"Yeah, I just didn't want to pour a lot of assignments on her so I thought staying  after would help," I just blocked my dad out and ended up staring at the teacher.

"Ok then, see you later Alex," my dad said and got in his car. He drove off and I was left with Mr. Sykes.

"Are you heading to class now?" he asked me. I looked around and shrugged.

"I guess so, mind if I walk with you?" I asked nervously. Apparently he noticed and chuckled.

"Of course not," he said. I got a few stares but I just ignored it. If the gossip was real then, he was the hottest teacher that just started working here. Every girl tried to flirt and get with him from what I noted.

We made small talk and we got to class. I walked to my seat and set my things down. Something wasn't right. The class started filling up and I removed my bag from the desk. I set it on the chair and the chair fell. Everyone laughed and the teacher stood up.

"How funny, loosen the screws of the new girls seat," I said looking around at those laughing. Once I saw her I didn't have to falsely blame anyone.

"Alright, who did this?" The teacher asked walking over to my seat. Everyone stopped laughing and no on spoke up.

"Yeah Jessica, who did this?" I asked the brunette. Everyday was the same for her, being a bitch.

"Me? I did no such thing," She smirked. Her innocent look wasn't working.

"Detention for you after school," the teacher said. She shrugged and continued with her smirk.

"That's fine, I'll be waiting for you then," she bit her lip.

"Oh no, not with me. You'll be joining Mrs. Mars later today," the teacher smirked at her. Everyone burst out laughing as her expression changed. She mumbled and sat down angrily. "Just sit somewhere else for today Alex, I'll make sure it gets fixed," the teacher told me. I nodded and sat on the seat next to where I sat.