dix-sept ~ please say yes

Start from the beginning

"I-I don't know," he answers in my ear. I kiss his shoulder lightly and wrap my arms around him tighter and he does the same.

"I would never want to make you feel rushed," I say. "But I'm still wondering if you have feelings for me or not," he doesn't answer. "Dan?"

"Hm?"

"Do you like me?" Every bone in my body was shaking to find out the answer. Every nerve tingling. Please say yes, please say yes. He leaned back and looked in my eyes. Those warm, chocolate brown eyes. I'll never look in them and not think that they're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen in my life. He opened his mouth to answer when Two little girls entered the door to the pool with their mom. We pull away immediately. God dammit. I hate everything.

"It's almost nine, let's go relax in the room," he says and heads for the ladder.

"Dan! Dan, what about my question?" I ask wanting an answer.

"Forget it,"

"No, I can't forget it!" I say louder then I thought it would be. "Don't you understand that I can't put this off any longer! Every single time you just say, 'oh forget it,' and, 'oh, it doesn't matter,' it matters to ME! We both know that I'm a huge pussy and won't say shit but at least my actions are enough to show how I feel! Stop being a coward like I know you aren't and SAY SOMETHING!" I stop my rant and look over at the mom and kids who were staring at me. I must have been actually yelling. I look over at Dan who had tears running down his cheeks. "Dan,"

"Don't," he says and climbs out of the pool. I follow him.

"Dan, I'm sorry," he grabs his towel and slips on his shoes to run out of the pool area. I groan and kick over a chair that was there to put my face in my hands. One thing only I know about Dan is how emotionally connected to things he is. He get's hurt pretty easy, and I've just yelled at him and he probably hates me now. I grab my shit and begin to leave but the family is still staring at me. "Did you understand that at all?" I ask and the mom nods.

"I have advice," she says and has a heavy french accent. I shake my head.

"I don't know you, it's fine," I begin to leave.

"Wait! No really! Just go to him and apologize, tell him how you really feel, and then maybe-"

"I don't know you!" I say cutting her off. "Why are you suddenly going all sympathy on me?"

"I was just trying to help," she says and lets her kids go in the pool. "If you don't want to take my advice then don't, but I suggest talking to him," I nod.

"Okay. I'm really sorry. If you knew what I was going through, you'd understand why I'm being rude and freaking out," I say.

"Probably," she says slightly laughing. "Now go, don't wait too long," I nod and leave. That was strange. But whatever. I need to go see Dan.

"PHIL!" I hear Little's voice say as I walk past the lobby. I groan. No more interruptions! I just want to see Dan! I walk over to where one of the officers I know to be John and Officer Little were.

"What!?" I ask feeling really annoyed.

"What did you do to Dan?" he asks. "He just stormed out crying. I tried to call him over, but he ignored me."

"It doesn't matter! Just let me go see him so I can sort this out!" I say and leave without him telling me to.

"Don't do anything stupid!" he calls after me and I roll my eyes. I get on the lift and push the close button like seventy times even though it probably wasn't doing anything.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" I say impatiently as the lift seems to take for absolute ever. "Finally!" I say and sprint out of the elevator to our room. Damn. I don't have my key! I knock on the door. "Dan? Dan you had the key. Let me in please?" I ask praying that he would agree. Nothing happens. He doesn't come or answer me. I take out my phone to text him but then I realize there's no connection. Why do I keep taking it places if it doesn't work? I knock again, louder this time. "Dan? Please! I need to talk to you!" A door opens behind me and I jump. I turn around to see Dan. "Dan? What?"

"Wrong room, stupid," he says and I look at the number. I was at the wrong door. And now I look like a complete idiot.

"Oh," is all I say and walk past him where he motioned me in the room. I walk in and see a bunch of tissues on the bed already. I sit down and look at him who went to the window at sat on the ledge. "Dan?" I say. He ignores me and continues to look out the window slightly sniffing. "Please talk to me," I say and walk over to him.

"About what?" he says sounding annoyed. "I'll just say something wrong anyways," I roll my eyes.

"You never said anything wrong," I say.

"Liar,"

"What?" I say and he shakes his head. "Dan, I'm just really confused. I'm so sorry I yelled at you. I'm just frustrated because everytime I try to find an answer, you just won't give me one."

"I'm SCARED, Phil!" he snaps at me with more tears leaving his eyes. "Maybe I don't have an answer yet!" I sigh. I probably should understand that.

"I'm sorry, Dan," I say. "I really really really am sorry that I've been pushing this on you. I won't ask anymore." he seems to slightly smile.

"I'm not actually mad at you, Phil," he says and my eyebrows raise in confusion. "I mean, I was mad at you for like a minute after you told me that, but I can't be mad at you for too long. It makes me sad," I smile at this. "And I just want to say I'm sorry,"

"No,"

"What?"

"Don't be sorry," I say. "Don't ever be sorry. I shouldn't have been pushing all of this on you if it made you this upset."

"I'm sorry for all of the mixed signals, Phil," he says.

"Don't be," I answer and we sit in silence for a sec. I glance over at the clock. "Its nine nineteen," I say.

"This is true," he says and it makes me giggle slightly.

"We should probably relax, I'm really tired from all the shit that happened today," I say and he nods but then his eyes get sort of wide.

"Phil! I almost forgot! I wanted to make sure you were okay! You went through some fucked up shit today, and I feel like you just needed a hug!" he says sounding really concerned and I laugh slightly.

"Yes, I'm fine," I respond and we walk over to the bed. "But I'm always okay with hugs," he smiles and wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. This is still the best feeling in the world to me. We don't let go for almost two minutes. I want to just spend eternity like this. But, finally, he breaks away.

"We should probably put on some PJs," he says looking at our still wet bathing suits. I laugh. "Yeah probably.

After changing and brushing teeth and other shit, I lay in bed waiting for Dan to return, which he eventually does. He lays next to me and turns on the TV. I was going to stay up, but now I'm realizing how tired I really am. I begin to close my eyes.

"Wow you really are tired," he says. I open my eyes and turn on my side to face him to mirror his position.

"I am," I say and close my eyes again. "I sure wish I had a cuddle buddy," I laugh jokingly.

"All you have to do is ask," he says and I feel his arms around my waist. I actually wasn't expecting him to do it, but I am so okay with this. I snuggle my face into his chest as he pulls our bodies together. I feel him kiss the top of my head. "Yes," he whispers. I frown feeling confused.

"What?"

"I just answered you're question," he says and I raise an eyebrow still confused. But then I get it. He answered my question. The question of 'do you like me?' My face must turn bright red and the biggest of butterflies erupt in my tummy. I kiss his chest because I can, even though it's clothed.

"Yay," I say smiling to myself.

"That's it?" he whispers chuckling. "Yay?" I lift my chin up and lightly peck his lips.

"Goodnight, Dan," I say.

"Goodnight, Phil."

Awwwww they so cuuutee. I just love writing fluff

Pssstt heyyy *whispers* if you're reading you should vote *cough* what? I said nothing.