Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

I heard the front door open and close several minutes later. "Anabelle?" I heard quick heavy footsteps walk into the living room. "I drove here as fast as I could," I heard Sean say.

He walked over to me and carefully helped me up from the couch. "I called Dr. Reynolds. I couldn't really explain what you were feeling since I wasn't with you when it started so he's on his way to the hospital right now."

"Okay," I whispered, my hands still on my stomach. "Don't call anyone else. At least until Dr. Reynolds confirms that I am in labor, okay?"

Sean nodded as we both walked out of my house. He locked the door, closing the door behind him. I walked over to the car and opened the door, carefully getting inside. I closed the door and quickly put on my seat belt. Sean quickly got in and closed the door, quickly starting the car and pulling out of my driveway.

I closed my eyes as the the tightness and discomfort continued. The drive to the hospital felt like forever but in reality it only took like seven to eight minutes. Ten the most. Sean parked the car, quickly shutting it off. He took out the keys and placed it in his pocket as he opened the car door and rushed over to my side of the car.

He opened the car door and carefully helped out of the car. He closed the door and wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked inside the hospital. My breathing quickened every time my abdomen became tight. The tightness would come and go every fifteen to thirty seconds. I made sure I was counting, just in case.

We reached the front desk area of the emergency room. "Hello, my girlfriend might be in labor. We called our Doctor and he said he was on his way," Sean explained to the receptionist.

I continued to breath in and out slowly as he talked to the receptionist. "Okay, we'll get her a wheelchair and take her to a room." Shortly after that a nurse came up to me with a wheelchair and I carefully sat down. She went through the double doors and took me up to my room, with Sean following right behind.

Once we arrived in my room, the nurse handed me a hospital gown. "Who's her doctor again?" She questioned.

"Dr. Reynolds," I heard Sean answer as I walked into the bathroom. I changed into my hospital gown and walked out shortly after, placing my clothes on the chair near the bed. Sean walked over to me, helping me onto the hospital bed. "The nurse said she would page Dr. Reynolds again just in case."

I nodded as Sean covered me with a blanket. I rested on my side and noticed that the pressure started to go away. "The pressure is going away," I told him.

"Yeah?"

I nodded as I gently rubbed my stomach. There was a few knocks on the door before it opened completely. Dr. Reynolds appeared at the door. "Hello Anabelle and Sean," He greeted us as he closed the door. "Sean had called me and said you might be in labor. Can you explain to me what you're feeling?"

He walked over to where I was as I shifted my body so that I was laying on my back. The pressure had started coming back as I did so. "I'm feeling this pressure and tightness in my lower abdomen. It comes and goes every fifteen to thirty seconds. It just went away when I was laying on my side but now that I'm lying on my back it came back," I explained, not leaving out anything important.

"Hm. Are you feeling any pain in your lower back?" He questioned. I shook my head in response to his question. "So you're not having any sort or pain, just the tightness and discomfort?"