Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Derek got up from the couch and nodded. "Yeah. Let me just put on my shoes."

"So what are the other stuff you have to buy?" I asked her as I took a bite of my delicious Nutella sandwich. "Just some stuff for the games and some other finger foods. Sean's mom agreed to make the food so I thought I would buy some little snacks until it was time to eat."

I nodded, my eyes still glued to the television. "Okay, let's go," I heard Derek say. "Okay, we'll see you in a little Ana."

"Okay! Bye!" I took another bite of my sandwich before setting it down on the plate, which was resting on the coffee table. I heard my phone ringing from my bedroom.

Crap.

I struggled a little as I got up from the couch and walked down the hallway to my bedroom. I walked inside and grabbed my phone from my nightstand. I checked the caller ID before pressing the 'answer call' button. I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello my love."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you."

The corners of my lips rose. "I miss you too. How's work? Are you getting out now?"

"Eh, it's okay. I get out at five."

I took the phone away from my ear and checked the time. 3:00. I put the phone back to my ear and said,"It's okay. You have two more hours left. Think you can manage?"

"Yeah, I think so. At least after work is done I get to see you."

"Yeah, that's true-Whoa!" I quickly put my hand on my lower abdomen as I began to feel some sort of tightness or pressure.

"Is everything okay?"

I stayed silent as the pressure continued. My heart began racing as a thought came into my mind. Labor. Was I in labor?

"Anabelle? You're scaring me. What's going on?"

I quickly came back into my senses as I let out a shaky breath. "Sean, I'm having some pressure and tightness."

"What kind of pressure? What do you mean by tightness? Wait, are you in labor?"

I could tell that he was freaking out just by the tone of his voice. "I don't know," I answered him. "I'm scared Sean. What if something is wrong with the baby?"

"Stay there. I'm on my way."

And with that, the line went dead and the tightness began to fade away. I set my phone down on my nightstand and placed both of my hands on my stomach as my abdomen became tight again. I looked around my room and noticed that I hadn't even packed my hospital bag yet.

I couldn't even think straight with all the pressure and discomfort I was having. I put on my flip flops before slowly walking out of my room and back into the living room.

Sean's job wasn't that far away from where my house was, which I am very thankful about right now. I sat down on the couch, inhaling and exhaling slowly as I waited for Sean to come.