Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Oh well, that's okay. I didn't name both of my kids until they were born. I liked the idea of seeing them and then finding a name that suited them. Oh! I'm so sorry, I never formally introduced myself, I'm Katelyn."

"I'm Anabelle," I introduced myself as I reached over and grabbed Sean's hand. "And this is my boyfriend Sean."

She smiled at us as she set Jackson back down in his stroller. "Mommy, can you welp me tie my shoes?" Her daughter, Lydia, asked her as she gave her a toothy grin. "Of course sweetie."

I smiled at the both of them. That's going to be me with my daughter in three to four years. And I was really excited for that day to come.

"Katelyn Murphy!"

Katelyn got up from her seat after she finished tying Lydia's shoes. She grabbed the handles of the stroller and looked over at Sean and I. "It was very nice to meet you two. I wish you two the best of luck with your little one."

"Thank you," Sean and I said in unison. "You too," I added.

She smiled at us as she grabbed Lydia's hand and walked through the doorway, still pushing the stroller. The nurse smiled at us before closing the door behind her.

I looked over at Sean. "She's nice." Sean nodded in agreement before turning his attention back to his phone. "What are you doing?" I asked him as I placed my chin on his shoulder.

"Checking the stats from last nights Championship game. The Golden State Warriors won last night against the Cavs. 105-97, it was a pretty close game I must say."

"Who were you rooting for?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't really like any of those teams but I was actually hoping that Golden State would win cause they've been on an NBA Championship dry spell. 40 years to be exact. It's great they won, they deserve it."

"Wow, good for them."

"Anabelle Thompson!"

I looked up at the nurse and picked up my purse from beside me as I got up from my seat. I walked over to the nurse with Sean following right behind. The nurse smiled at us as she lead us to an empty room. We walked in and I gave my purse to Sean before sitting myself down on the comfy chair. "Dr. Reynolds will be in here shortly," The nurse said to us, before closing the door.

Sean walked over to where I was and held my hand. "Just five more weeks Anabelle and then we finally get to hold our daughter in our arms."

I exhaled deeply. "Yeah. Five more weeks," I murmured softly. There was a knock on the door before it opened completely, revealing Dr. Reynolds. He smiled at the both of us as he closed the door. "Good afternoon Sean and Anabelle. How are you guys?" He walked over to us as he looked down at the clipboard.

"We're doing good. We're counting down the days until we finally meet our daughter," I said, looking over at Sean, who was smiling.

"That's right, five more weeks left. I bet you two and your families are very excited." He set down the clipboard on the counter and walked over to where I was. I lifted up my shirt as he placed a stethoscope on my swollen abdomen.

"Yes, we are," Sean replied.

Dr. Reynolds moved the stethoscope around, nodding briefly. He wrapped the stethoscope around his neck and walked over to the clipboard and began to write something down. "Her heartbeat is normal and strong. No signs of any heart murmurs or anything, which is good."