Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

Sean and I keep calling this appointment our last appointment because of the fact that I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I can go into labor anytime soon. Even though 40 weeks is full term, it was considered safe for the baby to be born around this time.

"Yep," I murmured. I took off my seatbelt and opened the car door, carefully getting out of the car. I grabbed my purse before closing the car door. Sean walked over to me and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

We walked inside the doctor's office hand in hand. "I'll go sign myself in, you go sit down." I let go of his hand and walked up to the front desk, giving the receptionist a small smile.

"Good afternoon," I said as I signed my name on the sign in sheet. "Good afternoon," She smiled brightly at me.

I smiled at her once more before walking back to Sean. I sat down in the seat next to Sean and looked at the other women waiting in the waiting room. One of the women waiting looked to be in her late twenties, early thirties, she cleaned the hands of her daughter, who looked to be at least three years old while she gently pushed a stroller back and forth to calm her baby boy who was crying up a storm.

I looked at the lady beside her who was reading a magazine while holding her sleeping child in her arms. She looked to be in her early twenties and her son looked to be at least five years old. I smiled at them before looking at the couple sitting across from Sean and I. They looked to be around Sean and I's age maybe a little younger.

"Is this your first child?" I looked back at the lady who was pushing the stroller back and forth and nodded. She smiled at me. "I remember when I had my daughter Lydia. I was so excited, you know? Having your first child is very exciting. Are you excited?"

"Yes I am, but I'm also scared too. I don't really know what to expect, so it's a little bit nerve racking."

She chuckled lightly. "That's perfectly normal. It's exciting and scary. But pregnancy is such a beautiful thing to experience for a woman. I don't know about you, but I love everything about being pregnant, minus the swollen feet and the morning sickness. Those stuff are horrible."

I let out a small laugh as I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, plus the mood swings. I hate that my emotions are all over the place. One minute I'm happy, then the next minute I'm crying over something silly, like when I finish my ice cream."

She laughed at that. "Yes that too. When I was pregnant with little Jackson here, I one time found myself crying because I couldn't find my phone, even though it was lying on my coffee table a few feet away."

I began laughing. "So how far along are you?" She questioned, as she picked up Jackson from his stroller and began to gently rock him. "35 weeks," I answered.

"Oh wow, almost there! I'm 18 weeks along, today is an exciting day because I get to find out the sex of my third child. My husband unfortunately couldn't make it because of work but he's hoping for another girl. I would like another boy but I would be happy with either or. Do you know what you're having?"

"Oh, I'm having a girl," I replied as I began to gently rub my swollen stomach. "Oh how sweet! Do you have any names picked out?"

I looked at Sean, who looked back at me with a smile on his face. I looked back at the lady and said,"Well, we were going to name her Gisele but my boyfriend and I agreed that, that name didn't really sit well with us anymore so we decided to keep looking. So far, we haven't found a name that caught our eye."