Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Daddy?"

"In the bathroom!"

I walked over to his bed and went through his bag, making sure everything was there before we left. My father walked back into the room.

"We have to wait for Dr. Robins before we leave, alright?"

"Okay."

There was a small knock on the door. Derek walked over and opened the door. Lianne stood there with Sean right beside her. My face quickly lit up when I saw him.

I had no idea he was coming.

Derek smiled. "Hey," He said as he leaned down and kissed Lianne's lips.

Sean walked over to where I was and pulled me in for a kiss. He pulled away and smiled. "Hi beautiful."

I smiled as I gently bit my lip. "Hi."

"Hey Dad!" Lianne said as she walked over to my father and pulled him in for a hug.

"Hi Lianne, how are you? How's your family?"

"I'm great. My family's great," She answered, pulling away from him.

"Hello Sean, how are you?" He said, shaking Sean's hand. "I'm doing great sir, thank you for asking. How about you? You look great."

"Well I feel great. I'm excited to finally be able to go home. I missed being at home with my kids."

I smiled at my father. "And we missed you being away from home. The house felt so empty without you daddy."

"Yeah," Derek agreed.

There was a knock on the door, before the door opened fully, revealing Dr. Robins. She smiled at us. "Hello everybody," She said as she closed the door behind her.

"You are all set to leave Mr. Thompson. I have your discharge papers right here ready for you to sign." She walked over to my father and handed him the papers.

"Now, you are not cancer free yet. But since we found it fairly early, your cancer is almost fully gone. So you will continue chemotherapy at your home for three weeks. After those three weeks are done, you will return to the hospital for another check up to see your progress. From there we'll make any decisions that are needed to be made."

"Sounds great," My father said, handing her the discharge papers.

She smiled at my father. "A nurse will be at your home first thing tomorrow morning to set you up. They will check up on you every morning for those three weeks, understand?"

He nodded as she shook his hand. "Great. I will see you in three weeks Mr. Thompson. You have a good day."

"You as well, Dr. Robins."

She smiled at all of us before leaving the room. I turned to my father. "You ready to go?"

"Yep. But before we leave, Derek and Anabelle, I just wanted to let you two know that your grandma and grandpa are coming tomorrow."

"Which ones? Your parents or Mom's parents?" I asked.

"My parents," He answered.