Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

I stood there in disbelief. "Me?"

She smiled and nodded. "You, Anabelle, have an outstanding academic record. Even with everything that's been going on with you, you've managed to keep your grades up. Not to mention you have an excellent attitude when it comes to school. All your hard work has paid off. You definitely deserve to be Valedictorian."

I was lost for words. "Mrs. Coleman.. I-uh-I-I don't know what to say. I'm so shocked right now. Of course! I would be honored to be Valedictorian at Graduation."

"Great! I'll be sure to let Principal Andrews know. If you need help writing your speech, I'll be happy to help."

"Okay, thank you so much Mrs. Coleman."

"You're very welcome sweetie. You have a good weekend."

"You too Mrs. Coleman." I closed my locker and began making my way out of the school, a smile plastered onto my face. Words cannot explain how shocked and happy I am right now.

Mrs. Coleman was right. All my hard work really did pay off.

I walked over to Sean's car where Sean and Lianne were there patiently waiting. "So what did Mrs. Coleman want to talk to you about?" Lianne questioned as I got to where they were.

"Obviously it was something good, considering the fact that she's smiling," Sean pointed out.

I looked at the both of them, still smiling. "I got chosen to be Valedictorian at Graduation!"

"Oh my goodness! Are you serious!?" I nodded as Lianne quickly pulled me into a hug. "How exciting! I am so proud of you Ana!"

She pulled away and now it was Sean that was giving me a hug. "I'm so proud of you baby."

"Thank you guys!" I said, while pulling away from him. "I'm so shocked and happy right now. I worked extremely hard for this."

"Yes you did! Wait till you tell Derek and your dad! They're going to be so excited!" Lianne said, excitedly.

"Let's go to my house so I can tell Derek. I can't wait to tell him!"

Sean took out his keys and opened the passenger door. I hopped into the passenger side and closed the door, quickly putting on my seatbelt right after.

Lianne, obviously, sat in the back seat, while Sean sat in the driver's seat. He put the key into the ignition and started the car.

The drive to my house wasn't long. Only a couple minutes. Which is the reason why I don't drive to school.

We arrived at my house and I quickly took off my seatbelt and got out of the car. I rushed over to my front door, opening it. "Derek!"

"Yeah?"

I entered the living room and saw that he was sitting on the couch, watching Sportscenter. "I have some news to tell you!" I said in a sing song voice.

I took off my jacket and set it down on the couch. "Okay? Should I be worried or something?"

"Nope. It's actually really good news. In fact you will be very excited once you hear it."