now - chapter four

❝ I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just wanna know you, know you, know you ❞

❝ I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better nowI just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better nowI just wanna know you, know you, know you ❞

I groaned as my eyes were suddenly bombarded with rays of sunlight.

"Rise and shine, Cassie, we have a big day ahead of us!" My mother seemed to shout. I don't think she understood the idea of a peaceful morning. Or peace in general.

"Mom," I groaned, rolling over and pulling my blankets up to my chin, trying to warm up my body. I always slept with the fan on, no matter what. It was nice at night, but I usually regretted it by morning.

"Come on honey!" She chirped happily. "We're going into town today!"

"How does that make it a big day?" I murmured as I dragged myself out of bed.

My mother narrowed her eyes at me, not appreciating my early morning attitude. She mentioned something about making breakfast before she walking out my bedroom door and heading downstairs.

I sighed, walking over to a small box placed near my bathroom. I took most of the bottles and moved them into my cabinets and shower.

After, I went back to the large box that held most of my clothes and dug through it, pulling out a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a maroon sweater along with a black bra and matching panties.

Boxes were placed all over my room, and the rest of the house looked the same way. I hadn't unpacked at all yesterday, and my mother had been too distracted by the Jacobson's to do any unpacking herself.

Grabbing the clothes I had picked out, I headed into the bathroom and started up the shower.

Once the water had warmed up, I stepped under the stream and closed my eyes. Moving was stressful enough, and my mother's antics didn't make it any easier.

And then there was Luke Jacobson, a whole different story.

After washing my hair and body and shaving, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel tightly around my body. But before I could get dressed, there was a banging on my bathroom door.

I let out a groan, turning to open the door. "Mom, it's been like fifteen minutes, I can get dressed on my own. I'll–oh my god!" I screamed, clutching the towel close to my chest.

Outside my door, was not, in fact, my mother.

"Well, I'm not your mom, but I can help you get dressed." Luke suggested from the doorway to my bathroom, a large smirk spread across his face as his eyes took in my towel-clad body.

I slammed the door in his face and turned the lock. "Go away, Luke."

I double-checked to make sure the door was locked before dropping my towel and slipping on my underwear.