now - chapter two

and all I've seen since eighteen hours ago
is green eyes and freckles and your smile 

Latching my fingers into the handle on the top, I heaved the last suitcase up into the back of the car

Latching my fingers into the handle on the top, I heaved the last suitcase up into the back of the car. My hands gripped the trunk lid and pushed it down, letting the trunk slam as it closed.

I looked around one last time. The few trees in front of the house swayed in the slight breeze and I clutched my jacket closer to my body as I felt the chill of the cool fall air.

The front door closed for one last time as my mother exited the house, in her hands a small duffle bag and the house key.

"That's the last of it. I'll leave the key in the lock box and the realtor will pick it up later when the new family comes to visit." After locking the door, she walked over to the car, tossing her bag in the back seat before sliding into the driver's.

I let out a sigh, turning back to the small house one last time before trudging over to the passenger's door, sliding in next to my mom. She hummed to herself as I buckled up my seat belt, moving to turn on the radio. One of Adele's new songs came on and I settled back into my seat.

As we pulled out of the driveway, I looked at all the other houses on our street, not being able to look at ours anymore. In just a few minutes, we were out and onto the freeway, leaving Seattle behind.

I held my head up with my hand, my elbow leaning on the side of the car as I watched everything go by outside.

My mother's hand rubbed soothing circles on my knee for a few seconds before she returned it to the steering wheel.

"Just wait until we get to Brookville, everything will be great. It will feel like going home again." She gave me a sad smile, her eyes moving to mine before she looked back to the road.

I gave her a small smile back, knowing how bad she felt about all of this. After all, she was the reason that we were moving. Again.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I fished it out, seeing a new message.

 I fished it out, seeing a new message

I smiled wistfully. Aly and I weren't close by any means, and would probably lose contact in a few weeks, but she was the closest thing I had made to a friend while living in Seattle.

Everything Has Changed (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara