10|| There's a Difference Between Party Poopers and Good Girls

Start from the beginning

I'd taken off my shoes and chucked them into the car, feeling like an idiot for wearing something so uncomfortable. Since my feet were quite sensitive, I felt the cobble stoned path's sharp and jagged ends pierce the soft skin of my heel, and I cringed. The night had already started off badly and it had just begun. Oh joy.

"Hi!" I screamed, spotting Mindy, who was one of Nat's friends. Mindy waved back, and I was glad she wasn't ignoring me like the rest of Nat's group.

Mindy was adorable, and she was one of the rare kids who were shorter than me. She had black hair that cascaded down her shoulders in these princess curls, and her eyes were large and black as well. The rest of her was all soft edges, like her nose and her ears that seemed to be lacking points. Her skin tone was an almost olive color, and she was wearing the most sensible clothes. She had a netted cardigan over a tight tank top and denim jeans underneath.

"How do you know Collen?" she asked, and even if it wasn't mean, the confusion in her voice was clear and palpable.

"I don't," was my short answer. "What about you?"

"My older brother Matt and Collen are best friends!" she laughed. She smelled nice, compared to the rest of the choked air that had alcohol hanging in it. I hated the smell.
"Matthew Fletcher!" she exclaimed, flinging her arms around an older boy who looked a lot like her, except with longer hair that curled around his nape. The only difference between them was their eyes, as Matthew's were hazel.

"Meet Day Winters, the newbie at our school!" Mindy smiled at me, and I waved in acknowledgement.

"She's hot," he said to Mindy, which made me blush and she rolled her eyes.

"And you're drunk. Bye, bye!" she shoved him away, and he staggered off towards another guy. "Sorry about that. He's usually not that blunt," Mindy apologized, and I laughed it off.

"That's okay. It's nice to be complimented for a change," I giggled, and she did as well.

"This party sucks so much," Mindy complained, groaning. "I don't and never have gotten drunk, and there's nothing more to this party. And Collen's the worst, because he's retarded anyway. With the drinks he's absolutely bonkers."

"That's true. Speaking of Collen, he wanted to meet me, right?" I asked, and Mindy shrugged.

"I have no idea, but I can show him to you!" she smiled and scampered off, leaving me alone near the entrance of his house.

The house was large and pearly white, with lots of stained glass windows and this modern and very elite look to it. The door was a mahogany and vines flanked the walls, and there was a garden around the path to his house. I could hear the noise of people skinny dipping at the back, and I shuddered. I really thought being here was a huge mistake.

Mindy came back, arm-in-arm with an older boy. His sandy brown hair was long and wavy, and his eyes were a light green that looked mildly creepy yet attractive. He had one hell of a jawline and looked at me, confusion distorting his features. He had a very athletic build, close enough to being called buff. He wore a tight shirt and jeans.

"Who the hell is that?" he asked, and I knew he was drunk by the slur in his voice.

"Hi, I'm Day Winters," I introduced myself. "You wanted to meet me...?"

He guffawed, which sent a wave of bad breath across my face. I cringed but plastered a smile across my face. "Hey Day," he smiled widely. "If I may?" he asked, holding out his hand towards me.

I took it and he lead me into the house. I almost puked because of the overwhelming smell of body odor, alcohol, sweat and smoke. It hit my head and I staggered a bit, but he caught me. "Wanna dance?" he asked, and I nodded. Anything to get my mind off the stench would be great.