Secret Revealed

Mina's POV

After lunch, I walked to my last class for the day with Sinhae. Since Sinhae is my only friend, I'm always a loner at other classes. I'm usually the quiet and nerdy one in the class. I sat in the front with Sinhae next to me. As the bell rang, students came in to fill up the seats. A boy sat next to me on the other side but I didn't look at his face since the teacher walked in right after. Sinhae looked at him and then me looking confused. I turned to see that the boy was Jungkook. I just mouthed I-don't-know and she just shrugged it off. The lesson started and I was concentrating on what the teacher say as usual but I could feel Jungkook staring at me. I shrugged the feeling and focused on the lesson. After the class finished, I packed up and got out of my seat. When I was walking out of the classroom with Sinhae, Jungkook grabbed my wrist. I turned around and met his gaze. Sinhae looked at us with wide eyes. My heart started pounding hard since I was scared of guys. I quickly shrugged his hand off of my wrist.

"Oh sorry" he chuckled.

"You're Mina right? I'm Jungkook!" He said smiling as he offered his hand to shake mine.

I just nodded and ran away. I know who he is, I mean who wouldn't. He's part of BTS and known as a popular playboy. I could hear him calling my name but I didn't look back. I ran out of the school building and caught my breath. After, I started walking to my house.

"Mina!" I heard Sinhae call me.

I turned around to see Sinhae running up to me.

"You ran away without me" she pouted.

"Sorry, I was just surprised" I said.

We were walking when I could feel someone following me so I walked faster.

"Slow down Mina!" Sinhae whined.

I just laughed as she caught up to me. We separated our ways and I started walking alone. I reached my house and took a deep breath before I walked in.

"Hey Mina, you ready for the punishment?" My dad said as soon as I entered the house.

Oh god, I totally forgot about the punishment. Before I could even react, he grabbed handful of my hair and swung it back and forth as he cursed at me. I grabbed onto his hand and cried out loud. He pushed me to the ground and started kicking me on my stomach and my leg. I just cried silently observing the pain.

After he was finished, he grabbed my face and said, "You better get a 100% next time or the punishment will be worse! Do you understand?!".

I nodded repetitively and he pushed my face and got up. He spat in my face before going upstairs. I stood up and walked outside of the house since I need some time alone. I decided to walk to the park and I just sat down on the grass. I leaned toward the big tree and closed my eyes as tears were running down my face. I hugged my knees and buried my head on my knees. I'll explain a little about myself that no ones knows except Sinhae, of course. My parents aren't that rich but they have their company. My dad owns the company and I need to be smart enough to take over the company after he retires. He wasn't an abusive dad. He used to be very nice and caring but as soon as I graduated from middle school and started going to high school, he became so strict about my grades. But he turns back into a nice and caring father when I get 100% on my exam. My mom is scared to stop him from abusing me. She just watches and comes into my room to apply medicine onto my bruise after. I know she's scared but sometimes, I blame my mom for everything. I have another secret that no one knows, even Sinhae but I'll tell you guys later.

Flashback
"Mina! My princess? Where are you?" my dad shouted from downstairs.

"Yes daddy" I answered going downstairs.

"I've missed you my princess!" My dad smiled.

"Awww I missed you too daddy!" I laughed as I hugged him tight.
End of flashback

Just the thought of the past made me cry. Tears were running down my cheeks and I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths. I heard someone sit next to me so I looked up and turned around to see Jungkook from my class.

'Was he following me?' I thought as I looked at him confused but he just smiled at me.

Jungkook's POV

Mina just ran away when I introduced myself. She even left her friend behind.

Her friend looked at me apologetically and said, "sorry she just doesn't like talking to guys".

"It's okay" I smiled at her.

"I better catch up with her" she said and ran to catch up with Mina.

I quickly grabbed my stuff and followed her friend outside of school. Soon, I saw Mina walking with her friend. They separated their ways and Mina went inside a house. Is that her house? It's pretty big. I went closer to the house when I heard a girl scream.

'Is that Mina?' I thought.

I went closer to the door and leaned my head against the door to hear better.

"You better get 100% next time or the punishment will be worse! Do you understand!" A guy yelled.

I heard cries and heard footsteps toward the door. I quickly hid myself behind the house and peeked my head. I saw Mina coming out of the house looking like a mess. I was shocked at the sight of her. Her hair was all over and her face was red and swollen. I saw her walking to a park and she sat down on the grass. I walked closer to her as she cried silently. I sat down next to her and she turned to my direction looking at me confused. I just smiled warmly at her and she started crying more. I put my hand on her head and put it on my shoulder. She was now crying on my shoulder and I pat her back trying to comfort her. Not long after, I felt her sleeping against my shoulder. I smiled at her and her glasses fell from her face and I was shocked.

'Wow she's so pretty, how could a girl look like this' I thought.

I caressed her face and moved pieces of hair from her face to get a better view. Her eyes are big and her nose is perfect and her cute tiny lip makes it better. I think I'm falling for her. She isn't like any other girls I've dated. This is a feeling I've never felt with any other girls.

Mina's POV

I felt his hand on my head and put it on his shoulder. Normally, I would push it off right away but I didn't. I cried more at the feeling of comfort that I haven't received in a while except Sinhae. He was patting my back to make me feel better. Since I was feeling tired, I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep. I don't know why but I feel really comfortable around him.

TBC