Chapter 19- Oh Baby It's Christmas!!!

22nd December 2015

Last day of school... Oh gosh, that test! Quinn said I had to do it before school. Well, I might as well get it over and done with.

11:25am

Tis the season to be REALLY STRESSED!!! I've been throwing up due to stress, all morning, my feet have been having to move at ten zillion miles an hour, catching up on the dance rehearsal I missed, and last but certainly not least, Sue wants to have a word with me after this practice is over, JOY.

"Make this quick Sue I have a sister to pick up." I am in no mood to be nice today.

"That's the Lopez I know." What on earth does she mean by that? "And how is that little sis of yours? She progressing much?" She has a grin on her face... This is Sue where talking about.

"Maria's well, still really behind for a six month old and what game are you playing?" Wow, I've never noticed how Christmassy Sylvester's office looks. White board marker snowflakes crafted on to the window, the tinsel monster has just had diarrhoea all over the place, and she's even painted her Christmas tree red? "I like what you done with the place."

She leans closer, elbows on her shinny desk, almost a warm gaze into my eyes, "No game," her voice has no harsh tone... I'm not used to this at all, "And Becky thought it would be a nice surprise to give my office a little Christmas spirit." That makes sooooooo much sense, "How was the test?"

wait, WHAT!!!

"I am so confused, how do know about the test?" That stupid drum has come back with vengeance. I feel so angary th... Sue cuts me off,

"Because it was the legend that is me, who was playing nurse yesterday due to nurse Jacky having well over the legal amount of booze," That makes some sense, "Was it hard at all?"

"Not really, it only took five minuets, I ticked all the boxes, but I don't know what I'm meant to do with it?" Sue's hands are scratchy, yet soothing.

"I'll help. Now," She has presants, for me? There so nicely wrapped, "Don't open these till Christmas day and be carful, look after yourself as well as your sister."

"Thanks" I say in soft whispers.

Christmas Eve 2015

Even though my fake Christmas tree has been up for nearly 19 days, my minds been too busy to notice it. Traditional, but with a hint of Latina magic. Red with glimmers of gold, bells, holly and sparkling white light, which are slow and beautiful all part of the day, except for when they glitch up and try there very hardest to give you epilepsy.

This is the life... Sitting on the strangely mild wooden floor, with Maria on my lap looking in amazement at the dancing lights on the tree.

I'm bending over a little so our ears can touch, I love to talk to her in my baby talk voice. "You like pretty lights don't you baby girl," She can't smile by herself yet, but she can when I tickle her. Her little body wriggles like a rattle whilst her belly gets a gentle flurry of tickles.

"I think it's time for a nice warm bath for the both of us," I am so grubby. Me and Brittany had to take Maria and Britt's little sister, Lucy, went to the nearest shopping centre to go and see Santa. Yeah, big mistake! The cheapest, grungiest, most horrifying place in the whole wide word. That water on the floor, you'd sure wished it was water. You could tell it was family run when you see four tween, 'Elves', wearing hand-me-down Christmas jumpers with non matching jogging bottoms. And, don't even get me started on the Santa. Red felt cape, no fake or real beard, no hat, torn up jeans and a top with a woman 'Presenting' herself. Me and Britt swore to find a new Santa next year.