Chapter XXIV: The Rising Threat

Start from the beginning

"Y'know I may be god of the underworld, but you my dear are something else."

Hades stood next to Maleficent on her balcony as they watched the rest of her guests leaving the castle. With his arms folded as he stared cautiously at the sorceress, the Greek god turned his head to the dark forest.

"You certainly have a way with words," Maleficent slyly smiled, stroking her raven on her staff. "It appears to me that I have piqued your interests?"

"Whoa whoa whoa slow down," Hades held out his hands in front of him, backing away. "I don't know what you had in mind when you gave the rest pretty sinister jobs. I just wanna know what exactly you want me to do and what's in it for me." He pointed to his chest and tilted his head to Maleficent. "Well sorceress? What do you have up your sleeve this time?"

Turning towards the moon, Maleficent closed her eyes slowly then opened them, her yellow eyes sparkling from the moonlit rays. "I am no fool in letting them know what I already know. Bribery always seem to work for simple minded fools."

"Wow, harsh. Geez and you made it sound so important," The god shrugged, putting his hands on his hips. "Alright, alright go on."

"Do you think that the light in one's heart can truly push away the darkness?" Maleficent asked Hades, looking at him.

Shrugging again, Hades smirked shaking his head with disbelief. "Darkness for the win of course. What am I supposed to say? I'm not called the 'God of the Underworld' for no reason."

"It is only a matter of time before I get my hands on a power unlike any other," The sorceress told Hades, smiling. "My plans have been foiled once. But not again." Bunching up her drapes, Maleficent dragged her cloak inside her chamber. Hades watched her enter inside and stop suddenly.

"Create any sort of distraction," Maleficent said, her head turning to her side. "The protectors of their precious light should not be a hindrance."

"Hmm so make Sora and his pals busy huh?" Hades mused, stroking his chin. Then he snapped his fingers. "Easy. And what do I get in return?"

"In return..." After a taking a moment of silence, the Disney sorceress turned to face Hades, her eyes glowing in the darkness.

"I will give you back what you have lost."

.

.

.

.

.

.

***Author's Note:

Yo yo yo sorry I haven't updated in a while. As you can probably tell (or maybe not tell) this was a filler chapter I wanted to put in. 

I've been doing some research and deep thinking about whether the Villians Council was going to come back in KH 3 or not. Personally, since I did mention in the chapter with Xehanort and Yen Sid that Maleficent was indeed going to play a big role in KH 3, I think having the Villians Council back will be interesting and really cool, but Maleficent seems to want to keep a ton of secrets to herself. 

I doubt that Hades will be a huge part of Maleficent's plans but here's what I'm thinking about for the next couple of chapters ahead about Maleficent: She's going to use the new Disney villains (maybe Mother Gothel and Captain Hook again) to get what she wants obviously. 

But anyways it will be interesting to see how Maleficent is going to try and find the Book of Prophecies but who knows what she has on her mind at this point. 

Stay updated for the next chapter ;))))) Let me know what you think about the Disney Villains Council and if you think it will be coming back or Maleficent is going to be a one person threat to Sora and his friends.