Leaving Again?

Friday Afternoon

~Unique~

I’m the happiest person right now. It’s Friday and in the next week its spring vacation! I grabbed my jacket from my locker and walked to my last class of the day. It was my favorite class throughout my days of high school. It was writing class. Writing is my passion I write poetry each time depending on the mood I’m in. The good thing about this class that it’s only 5 minutes long. We have to come up with a topic and we’re dismissed. Isn’t that cool?

5 minutes later, I was dismissed from my class. I quickly ran out the building and ran straight home. I was happy that I was able to relax about enough and have some me time all alone in my room. I wanted to sit on my bed and listen to music. I arrived home and when I opened the door; boy was I in for a rude awakening. I opened the door and saw packed boxes all over the place.

I didn’t what was going on but mom appeared just in time for the questions. She was carrying a box that had my name on it. Oh hell no! Please don’t tell me what I think is going on.

“Mom, please don’t tell me what I think is happening?” I said.

“Apparently, what you’re thinking is correct.” Mom said.

“Mom are we moving again?” I asked.

“Yup, but this time it’s permanent.” Mom said.

“Yea okay.” I said walking away.

“What was that?” Mom asked.

“Nothing mom.” I said.

“You bet your ass it’s nothing. You better watch who you’re talking too.” Mom said.

“I know mom.” I said.

I went upstairs to pack my suitcase again. I only packed for what I thought I needed because everything was going in the boxes. I packed my pjs, a new outfit for tomorrow, my flat iron, makeup, and pairs of shoes. After that everything else went into the boxes and put into the trucks.

After packing I came downstairs with my suitcase. Mom was standing there waiting for me of course. I stood in front of her with folded arms. She could probably tell that I wasn’t too excited about moving again.

“Oh honey, it’s going to be all that bad.” Mom said.

“That’s such a mom answer.” I said.

“Okay you want the real shit. Honey this will change our lives. I got a job offer and the pay is good enough to support us. You’ll go to a new school and it’ll be your full year. Then you’ll be able to go to college and other shit. Even though, it’s your final year you can make friends easy. By the way it’s still the beginning of the school year.” Mom said.

“Now that you say it like that; maybe I’ll give it a shot. But if one thing fucks me over I’m done.” I said.

“Deal.” Mom said shaking my hands.

“I got one question though.” I said.

“Yea what’s that?” Mom asked.

“Can you tell me where we’re moving too?” I asked.

“San Diego.” Mom said then walked away.

“Oh San Diego; that’s good. Wait what!?!” I said realizing what mom said.

I can’t believe this! We’re moving to San Diego. How are we supposed to move from Florida all the way to San Diego, California? I hope that we take a plane cause I’m not driving all the way out there. Mom was already in the car by the time I got my thoughts together. I went outside to join her. Before going in the car, I turned around and faced the house. I wanted it to a dramatic moment.

“I’ll miss you. You perfect beautiful house.” I said dramatically.

“Stop being dramatic and get in the car! We have a flight to catch!” Mom said honking the horn.

I stopped my dramatic moment and went in the car. I laid back in my seat and enjoyed the ride. Even though mom and I didn’t have the best relationship in the past; she still wanted to make conversation and tell her my thoughts and other stuff. We continued to drive until we got to the airport.

Minutes later, we arrived at the airport; mom and I hurried to our gate and caught our flight. We made it! We got on the plane and caught onto our seats. For the rest of the flight I listened to music. The first song that came on was Tamar Braxton’s The One. Then I instantly fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~

Hours later, I heard mom waking me up. I woke up and saw that the plane landed. I got my stuff and we headed out the airport. We arrived in San Diego at around 11:30pm. I was so happy but I felt a little emotion sickness. That flight was really long and I haven’t eaten anything today.

Mom and I found the car and got inside. We started driving off. Before that we went into a drive thru Wendy’s. I know it sounds so ghetto. I had the berry almond chicken salad with a sprite. Mom had a double cheese burger, fries, and a coke. After getting our stomachs filled we drove off to the house. We didn’t get there until 12:45 pm. I didn’t care all I needed right now was some sleep. I went up the stairs and found my room. I crashed on the bed and instantly fell asleep.

This move is going to be a hectic and complicated one. I could just feel it all through my body. But right now, I just dreamed and dreamed about everything.