Lunch, Please!

heya ppl, have fun reading, this chapter should b a long one.  just realised the picture that was up didnt show and I didnt say who it was well, i fixed it and its bree, ignore my stupidity please :)

                                    Jay

---

I had decided to leave early and walk to school, instead of riding with Ashley and Sammy, but for the life of me I can't remember why, I had already merorised the way to school and a bit of the neighborhood, since Alice insisted on me driving around and learning about the place. I came to an intersection, I looked at the street signs, it hit me, I remember why I wanted to walk, I turned left, making a detour, towards a corner store near a main road.

I wanted to buy my lunch pre-hand, like I usually did with school, rarely having to eat the food from school, I wanted going to this school to be roughly the same as back home, a few friends but no-one actually close. On the good side though no-one here knows my mother or any of her antics, but that also means people won't avoid me, but I will be the 'new kid' or whatever so hopefully no-one cares that I'm there, but I'll probably forget about subtly and do something stupid.

I frowned at my thoughts as I entered the store, it was much bigger than I expected, more range with food then, which is good, I smiled and went to buy what I normally would have, reaching out my hand I paused. I changed my mind and grabbed something less healthy to eat and an apple so I don't feel too bad about it. On the way to the checkout was a bakery style set up showing fresh baked breads and rolls, I grabbed a large bun with cheese baked into it, I could totally make a sandwhich with all this food.

I counted over the change I had, the fact I had change was odd, I was sure I counted right.

"Food prices must be lower here" I mumbled to myself, remembering I wasn't at home so counting for the prices there is what stuffed me up.

The walk to school took roughly the same amount of time as I had guessed, a little less than ten minutes before class, I probably should have tried to get here earlier but I don't really want to even show up. I tucked my hair into my hoodie, I had deliberatly worn one so I wouldn't raise to much attention, hopefully no-one will realise I'm new, at least until I make it to the office. Not suprising me at all, no-one else seemed to be wearing a hoodie, it was summer or something here, which I don't get because it's like august or something, and if they call this hot weather, Oh Please, it's barely warm.

I followed the signs to the office, and the bell rung just as I reached it, perfect, all the other students seemed to rush to class, I approached the desk and took off my hood.

"Hey" I said softly, the receptionist looked at me blankly.

"Yes?" she asked.

"I'm new" I stated.

"And?" really, you have to ask, I fought back a bitchy comeback, and acted nice.

"I need my schedule or something?" I said timidly.

"Name?" wow, she likes single-word questions.

"Cj Hall" I replied.

"That name isn't in the system" she frowned after typing on her computer.

Crap, of course Dad would have entered me in as Pandora, I repeat, CRAP!

"Oh, it could be under Pandora Hall, I just go by Cj that's all" I faked a nervous laugh, she glared, how nice is she?

"here." she handded me a package of standard new student stuff.

I looked through it before leaving, a map, a schedule, and a locker combination? Oh right America, no uniforms and has lockers- Duh, how did I forget that, definetly putting this on the good things about American schools compared to Aussie ones. After about five minutes I figured out how to read what classes I had and where they were on the map, I made my way to my Roll-Call.