Dating the Son of Zeus *15*

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, see you around," she said watching him walk back to his seat as the class began.

I watched him walk to his seat and sit down. Only when I was sure he wasn't going to come back over to talk to Sophia again did I turn and sit next to her. I was angry and wanted so badly to go off on Hector but as of right now there wasn't anything I could do, so I turned to Sophia to try to get some answers.

"What did he want?" I asked in a rather harsh tone. I hoped she wouldn't catch it but from the way she arched her eyebrow at me I knew she had.

"Oh nothing really. He was just introducing himself to me. Why do you ask?" she said as she took out her notebook for class.

"Just wondering," I said as I shrugged my shoulders, attempting to act as if I didn't care. "So that's all he wanted?" I couldn't stop myself from asking. Turning to face me she had a small smile playing at her lips that I knew she was trying to hide. Her eyes were bright and there was a mischevious glint to them.

"You wouldn't happen to be jealous now would you Hayden?" she asked propping her head up onto her hand.

"No. Of course not!" I denied quickly. "I was just wondering is all." I didn't want to sound so jealous but I couldn't help it. It ate me alive that she was smiling and laughing with Hector. Of all people it had to be him.

"Good," she said as she grabbed my hand in hers. Her touch immediately soothed me. I watched as she rubbed circles into the back of my hand with her thumb and it felt like her touch left fire in its wake. I could feel my heart beat quicken and I suddenly found butterflies in my stomach. "Because I hope you know that there isn't anyone else out there that could replace you," she whispered so quietly I had to strain to hear her. I smiled at her and at that moment all I wanted was to grab her and kiss her. I wanted to kiss her like there was no tomorrow. To kiss her and forget about school, or all the people around, or even Hector. But I knew that we couldn't do that so I settled for grabbing her hand and bringing it to my lips and leaving a small kiss. 

Class started and Sophia began to take notes. I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes. I was in no mood for a lecture on my family tree so I decided to just sit back and relax. I could hear Sophia's steady scribbling as she took notes. It was great to just be around her. She calmed me in a way no one else could. She was it for me and I knew that I would never want anyone else. It was like she was made for me. Peeking one eye open I watched her. Her dark ebony hair, her bronze olive skin, even her small petite figure were all beautiful. I knew I didn't have much time left before I had to go back to Mount Olympus. I had found the one girl that I wanted to be mine. She was here, sitting right next to me. And we were together. She cared for me and I couldn't be more happy. But now I was faced with the most difficult task of all. I had to tell her who I was. Or better yet WHAT I was. I had to tell her where I came from and I had to ask her to come with me. And even if she heard me out and listened to me, which seemed highly unlikely, she would have to pass the test. This would be a lot easier to deal with if I even knew what the test was. I never thought I would be in this situation so I never bothered to learn. And even when I found out I was coming to earth I didn't actually think I would find a girl that I would want to be with so I didn't ask. But now that I knew who she was, that I had her right in front of me, I needed to know. All I knew was that the test would prove a person's right to become a god. It would show that even though they were born mortal they had what it takes to be a god. Sighing I was afraid to find out what the test was but I knew that I needed to, for Sophia's sake at least.

Hearing the bell ringing brought me from my thoughts and I stood from my chair. I watched as Sophia packed her stuff away and stood with me. She reached out and grabbed my hand as we walked out of the school. Standing underneath one of the trees out front Sophia pulled me to a stop.