Dating the Son of Zeus *15*

Start from the beginning

"I guess I'll see you in mythology then?" she asked barely above a whisper.

"You might see me before then," I said taking a step cloer to her. She reached out and placed her hands on my chest before looking back up to meet my eyes.

"Alright then." she said as she reached up on her tip toes and planted a small kiss quickly on my lips. It was so quick that I barely got to enjoy it, and as I watched her strut her way into the classroom with a wide grin I knew that that was exactly what she had wanted.

*****************************************************************************************

I made my way quickly from my math class towards mythology. I hadn't seen Sophia once since I had dropped her off at her first class and though I doubted anything had actually happened to her I was still worried. And it was my worry that drove me to basically sprint through the hallways.

"Hercules, slow down," Penelope said from behind me.

"Yeah she's gonna be fine," Leonidas said.

I knew that they were probably right but I couldn't stop the constant worry that I had. What if something did happen? What if she was gone and I didn't know? What if she was hurt or sick? Turning the corner to the hallway where the classroom was I shook my head. I seriously hoped that I wasn't going to be this way all the time. How could I always worry about someone this way? It was an awful feeling but what's more, it was completely exhausting. I was wearing myself out just from worrying about her. I attempted to pull myself together before I walked into the classroom. But when I did, what I saw made me want to lose all my selfcontrol again. Sophia sat in her usual sopt waiting for me and my friends to arrive. What was so different was that leaning over her desk and talking to her with that completely fake charming appeal was Hector. He was flirting and he was laying it on thick. I watched as he asked her questions, acting genuinely interested in what she had to say. I felt my fist clench together and all I wanted to do was take a swing at his face. The worse thing was that she was laughing with him. She seemed to really honestly enjoy their conversation and my jealousy was more than I could take. When Hector reached aross her desk and put his hand over hers my vision went red. I was ready to march over there and throw him out the window, and I would have, if Penelope didn't reel me back in.

"Hey," she said as she put a calming hand on my shoulder. "Relax. Breathe." She whispered in my ear. "You can't do anything about it now with out scaring Sophia. Is that what you want?" she asked. 

I knew that that was the last thing I wanted, so as hard as it was, I took a few deep calming breaths. Unclenching my fists and bring my heart rate down as well I slowly and as calmly as I could made my way over to Sophia with my friends beside me. Sophia looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey," she said, sounding happy to see me.

"Hey," I said. I watched as Hector stood up from Sophia's desk and looked at me. He wore a smirk that let me know that he knew he'd gotten under my skin. I wanted to wipe it off his face but I knew now was not the time.

"Well hello Hayden," he said making a point to pronounce my fake name. "And hello to you Leon, Percy, and I'm sorry I didn't catch your name." he said looking at Penelope. He was just playing us now, We all knew each other but he was just trying to make a show, being polite to us he knew we had no choice but to return the favor.

"Penelope," Penelope answered in as polite a tone as Hector. This was easy for her. Penelope had no trouble faking her way through things and I was thankful that she was so good at it.

"Nice to meet you," he said. "Well Sophia, it was great to meet you. I'll see you around," he said giving her one of his dazzling smiles and I couldn't stop from rolling my eyes.