Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"In then we kissed Niall. It was so beautiful. It was like.... Like nothing i'd ever felt before. Like the brightest fireworks. It was wonderful. And it's so illegal, it's so dangerous! Oh Niall it was perfect!" Zayn says, jumping around like a madman. He clicks his heels and throws himself onto the ground.

"Oh Niall baby, Ed was all like, I'm gonna play you this wonderful song and your gonna bawl in then i'm going to freaking kiss your face off with my flaming red hair and perfect lips and AHHHH!" Zayn screams and pounds his fists into his sides, and then bites his knuckles. "I can't believe this Nialler! Can you?"

Zayn doesn't wait for a response. "Remember the first time i kissed you on the lips?"

"It was the middle of the night up in the treehouse, hiding from Yazer....

"Zaynie what if he finds us up here?" Niall asks out of his chair and laying on the ground, chin on folded arms. His voice is shallow and shaky.

"He won't, he'll think we're at Liam's, or Harry's." Zayn's voice is confident in the darkness, his face slashed by slants of moonlight coming in through the windows. He looks out the window at the house, watching the lights turn on, from room to room as Yazer searches the house for them.

"What if he see's us up here? He'll be so mad Zayn! Oh maybe we should just go down to the house!" Niall waves his little arms frantically, his white skin matching the moonlight in palor.  Zayn turns around angirly.

"I'm not letting him hurt you any more, okay? So stop." Zayn slams his foot into the ground, "So freaking stop!" Zayn crumbles, falling to his knees and cradling his head in his hands. He was eight, and he understood things more, and he'd seen Liam and Harry kiss on multiple occasions.

"I'm scared Za-" Zayn bends down, captures Niall's cheeks in his palms, and pressed a sweet, tender, innocent kiss flush on Niall's lips. Silence creeps around the room.

"You remember that?" Zayn sits in silence then laughs at himself. "I dont know why i ask you these questions i know you can't respond."

Zayn stands up and looks down at Niall's James Malik's gravestone, decorated with flowers.